Chapter 27

That night flew by quickly. First thing I did was give my number to Enzo because he is my boss it is embarrassing that Trish was basically the person he would contact for anything. Thank god she got me that phone but I swear I am determined to pay her back.

The night was fast and paced but that doesn't mean I didn't notice how sad Trish looked. I haven't said anything to Trish because I don't want to push it. Or even worse assume. Pretty sure I am right thought by the glum look she's been giving all of her tables.

Although we were busy as hell it was peaceful in away. Probably because Theo's angry energy wasn't there suffocating the place. Maybe that's a tad dramatic but still. For once there actually was a host there, may actually be the first time I've seen a actual host working instead of a serving covering host shifts. We seem to be lacking in that department. 

Of course we had to close and the side work at the time seemed so dreadful and exhausting. Now looking back it doesn't seem like it was all that bad but then again I was running around a lot. As soon as I got home I ate some food I brought home and crashed after brushing my teeth and washing my face. I was beat

That leads up to now just waking up. Just checking my phone like an average person only noticing I actually have a message. I look at the time and see that it's 7:15 AM. I checked the message and saw it was from Enzo. I should be disappointed but I am not, after reading the text he is asking that I come in at 8:00 AM and that he needs a host shift covered. He said he can understand if I need 30 minutes or more.  I am always looking for an opportunity for money. So of course I had to text him back and let him know that I may need those 30 minutes because my ride depended on Trish. 

I don't mind getting called in. I used to sit around and do nothing all of the time. Its nice to be social and do things. The money doesn't hurt either. This environment is so much better I will say. Healthy and positive just what I need. 

I sighed and finally got the courage to go into Trish's room. It wasn't asking her for ride that I was afraid of. It was waking her up. I know she's usually ready before me all the time but it's her day off and I don't know how'd she'd feel about me waking her up this early.  I really need to get my own car. 

"Hey Trish." I said. Nothing. I don't know what I thought would happen but nothing. "Trish." I said a little more louder but also shook her a little rough. She didn't budge. I sighed. "TRISH" I yelled shaking her a little more. She finally woke up looking at me like I was crazy. That continued for a minute.

She blinked a few times trying to focus on what was happening. "Hey I'm up." She said and grabbed her pillow and cuddled it looking tired. "What's up?" She followed. 

"I feel really bad for asking but Enzo texted me asking if I could come in. I guess someone called in and he said he needs me at 8:00 AM but said he can give me at least 30 minutes understanding it's short notice. Could you give me a ride please?" I asked her already feeling extremely guilty. "I'm sorry I know it sucks. I really need to get a car soon and that's one of the things I am saving up for." I said quickly after feeling like shit. 

"Oh no don't feel sorry I am sorry. It's your day off and Enzo's needing you to work. I can give you a ride no probably. I just need to brush my teeth and I'll pretty much be ready." She said to me. Still looking tired.

I feel awful. I swallow my pride and accept more help from my friend because I will pay her back for all of this. "Thank you sooo sooo much. I just have to get ready and make a small breakfast. Just was cinnamon sugar toast. Then brush my teeth." I said. "Thank you again." I said quickly before going to get ready.

I just went into my room and got into my work close. Since I was in my rush I just did a quick side braid with my hair after brushing it. The only make up I put on was mascara so I didn't look so tired. After getting everything on I headed down stairs to make my toast so I could quickly eat. 

Once I was done I notice Trish on the couch on her phone. Of course still looking tired making my heart swell. "Hey, I am ready." I said still feeling guilty. Is there a reason I feel so guilty. She wants to help she's my friend but she's done so much.

"Yes girl, I'm getting breakfast with a friend after I drop you off so I'm kind of glad I got up early." She said with a smile.

"Oh that's good I'm glad something good came out of it." I said genuinely happy for her not really thinking about who the friend could be. 

After our short talk we headed out. The drive to work was quiet. Probably because we were not only tired from getting up early but the night prior. Frio's may close at 10 but side work can be a pain.  

She pulled up and parked in the back and decided she was gonna come inside to make a coffee before she goes so she can try and wake up. 

Whenever I entered the restaurant it was a little busy but not too bad yet.  I realized this was gonna be one heck of a ride because my coworkers today was Theo and some girl who likes to glare at me. 

However Enzo was here. "Ahh Chloe thank you so much for picking today up. It was a no call no show. Were now a little short staffed again. That's alright though just means I may need some more shifts covered around here. Thank you again I know hosts shifts aren't the best but you make minimum plus a chance on tips with to go orders so that's a plus. Some people in the area decide that it's to busy and want to go so that is something to think about." Enzo said looking very thankful that I picked up todays shift.

"It's no problem Enzo I really don't mind. The money is needed." I said and laughed lightly, but really I don't mind at all. Trish has been amazing in helping me no one has ever been that kind before. I've never met someone so selfless and kind.

"Well let me know if you need any extra shifts I'm sure we can work something out." He says thoughtfully. "Although I'm sure Theo may have a cow, he's been looking for some extra shifts too." 

"Well I don't really want to pick up any shifts outside of Trish's availability cause she is my ride. I feel bad making her drive me around, it's better whenever she has to be here too." I replied. Trish really has been my saving grace and I wouldn't want her to get sick of me cause she basically has to take care of me like one would their teen daughter. 

"Understandable Chloe." Was all he said. Then he walked to the back to probably yell at the kitchen guys for their music being too loud. I could hear it as soon as I walked through the door.

Theo wasn't that bad to work with, it seem like he has been going out of his way to avoid me so no evil glares and snarky remarks.

Well I guess it is time to get to work and finally take some tables. 

____________________________________________________________

There is literally no excuse for the delay of this chapters and the ones coming, just that I lack motivation & inspriation  I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I hope you guys will enjoy the one's coming. I promise at some point this book will be finished, it will not be exactly how I first wanted it to be. I have many changes to bring into this book. Thank you for the ones who have stayed!