Chapter 29

"Chloe I think you're beautiful. I don't know if I even like girls but I know that I like you." Trish said smiling at me playing with my hair. I look into her eyes and see nothing but good intentions. Nothing but caring blue eyes staring at me. I've never felt so safe. "Chloe." She said, well almost sang. "Chloe." She repeated a little more urgently. Next thing I know my entire body is being shook violently. "Chloe come on please wake up we need to get out of here now." The voice 10xs more urgent this time. 

Finally, my eyes fly open. Well, I should have known Trish playing with my hair was just a dream. Yet the question is why did I like it? Now I am awake enough to at least know what is happening, all I know right now its Trish is indeed hovering over me, not with soft caring eyes though. Her eyes are filled with pure panic. "Trish what's going on?" I asked looking at the clock that read 2:00 A.M. "Why are you waking me up this early?"

She realizes that I am up and as coherent as I am going to get. "Look I don't have time to explain right now, I just need you to pack some clothes and essentials quickly we need to go." She said quickly, and before I could say anything she bolts out of the room. 

Before she could get very far, I am hot on her heels. "Trish come on just tell me what is going on?" I said yawning and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

She didn't answer she just frantically started to pack things for herself. Once she noticed I wasn't going to leave her alone until and go pack until I am satisfied with her answer. "Look Chloe please just trust me please, we really need to go as soon as I get you into that car, I promise I will explain everything. Right now, you need to listen to me, you need to go to room and pack some clothes, and anything else you think you might need because we aren't coming back here." She said, in the most desperate manner imaginable. 

All I did was nod and run to my room. I can't imagine what could be so bad for us to just drop everything and leave. What could be so bad that she couldn't tell me when I told her everything? I'm packing up my stuff left feeling hurt. I have no right to be, but I just wish she opened up to me like I did with her. I've never felt the type of connection with anyone that I do with Trish, I've never felt as safe as I do with her. I guess I just don't make her feel as safe as she does me. 

Swallowing my pride, I finish packing up anything I think I'll need. I don't even know where we are going, and I really don't even have much to bring so packing up wasn't that hard for me. I can hear Trish in the other room panicking though and it's turning my stomach into knots. I wish I could help her; I wish she would just talk to me.  "Come on Chloe we have to go now!" Trish said ending my thoughts of my feelings for her and onto if I have everything. "You got everything you need?" She asked. All I did was nod in confirmation and next thing I knew my feet were taking me where every she was going. Which obviously would be her car right? No, we start walking behind the building.

"What are you doing?" I ask her. "The car is parked in the front there isn't even a parking spot for us back here." I spoke. Honestly, I don't know if that's true we've just never been back here, and I have never seen her drive another car before. 

"Shhh!" She hushed. "Keep your voice down, we can't take that car." She whispered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Now I am clearly just questioning everything. What am I doing and how did I even get here. I didn't even say anything to her.

I follow her to this beat up Toyota that's a yucky brown color, definitely a step down from the Sonata she usually drives. I almost didn't believe this car was hers too, that was until she unlocked it and tossed our bags int he back seat. It's like my body was set on auto pilot because before I knew it, I found myself sitting pretty in the passenger seat. One thing I did notice is that this car doesn't have any license plates. Why would Trish have a car stashed out back with no license plates?