Inside and Out

{A/N: This story is a sequel to "Won't Say It"}

It was just another casual afternoon in the lair. Donnie was in his lab working on another one of his inventions, while also waiting for Y/N, his girlfriend of 6 months, to walk through the entrance of the lair. Donnie had decided that it was taking Y/N a suspicious amount of time and decide to ask his brothers if they had heard from her recently. He got up from his desk and walked to the living room, only to find that his brothers had started a Lou Jitsu/Jupiter Jim movie marathon without him.

Donnie: "Hey, have you guys heard from Y/N today? Wait a minute, you're having a  Lou Jitsu/Jupiter Jim movie marathon without me?!"

Leo: "1) Doesn't she have some sort of after school club activity or something?; And 2) We were waiting for you and Y/N, but we figured you guys would want some alone time."

Donnie: "Well Nardo, 1) She only has after school activities on Mondays and Fridays; And 2) As much as I appreciate your ever so thoughtful reasoning, next time a little 'Hey Donnie, mind if we start the marathon without you so you can have some solo time with Y/N?' would suffice."

Mikey: "I wanted to ask you beforehand, but I was outvoted, Raph."

Donnie: "I appreciate that Angelo. As for you Raphael, I oughta-"

Before Donnie could finish his dramatic accusation, Y/N walked in at the perfect moment in time for Raph to run out of the room, desperate to avoid one of Donnie's punishments, worried that it would be similar to that of his punishment for their father.

Leo: "Y/N/N, perfect timing, we're starting a movie marathon. Wanna join?"

Mikey: "We've got popcorn, junk food, sodas, and of course, pizza!!"

Y/N: "Maybe later, guys. I'm just gonna head up to the lab and freshen up."

Then, Y/N dashed to the lab. Donnie thought she was acting strange, while also wondering why she was wearing a jacket with the hood pulled over her face in the middle of springtime. Concerned, he decided to follow her, which wasn't that odd since it was his lab she was in.

Donnie: "Hey, Beautiful. Is everything ok?"

Y/N jumped in place out of surprise once she'd draped her jacket over the back of Donnie's desk chair.

Y/N: "Donnie! Uh, yeah everything's fine. I was just putting my jacket on the back of your chair. Is that alright?"

Donnie: "Of course, it's only a chair, but why won't you turn around?"

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Donnie: "Y/N, turn around, please."

Donnie added in a 'please' so as not to seem demanding.

Y/N: *sighs* "Fine, just don't freak out ok? Promise?"

Donnie smiled at her shyness.

Donnie: "Y/N, you have my word as a scientist. I will not 'freak out' at all."

Donnie's warm smile changed to a look of sadness and shock as Y/N turned around to reveal a black eye and a busted lip, tears running uncontrollably down her face.

Donnie: "Y/N, babe, what happened?"

Y/N laughed nervously as she replied.

Y/N: "It's really no big deal. It happens all the time, this girl named Regina and her little posse of mean girls. Although, they've never gone this far before, they were probably just having a bad day and, unfortunately for me, found someone to take it out on."