Until Next Time

Y/N sat at the piano in the den of her mansion, her fingers practically floating across the keys. As soft melodies echoed throughout the room, she couldn't help but think about her purple-clad hero of a boyfriend.  She also imagined the possible futures she could have with him.

She had confessed her feelings for the quick-witted ninja mere months ago, however it seemed like so much longer.  Whenever she was with Donnie, time seemed to fly by in an instant. At that moment, an idea immediately popped into her head as she flipped through the pages of her songbook.

Her grandfather had been one of the first people to teach her how to play the piano, and there was one song that had always made its way into each and every one of her lessons. The song had always been a personal favorite for the both of them. He had sadly passed away the previous year and left behind his piano and enough money, combined with her inheritance and savings, to buy a mansion similar to the one she had grown up in.

Once she had found the particular song she was looking for, she placed the song book in its proper place, looked towards the separate photos on the piano of her with her grandfather and Donnie, and began to play the required notes for the song.  She then sang the words she knew by heart after many years of hearing her grandfather sing it. She sang not only to honor her grandfather's memory, but to honor the life with Donnie she cherished very much.

Little did she know, the same turtle she had been thinking about was watching through a slightly opened window with curiosity, excited to see what his beloved was up to. He was wondering if he  could add 'talented singer' to the list of Y/N's  intriguing qualities. Of course to him, everything about her was intriguing.

{Start the video}

Y/N:

We'll meet again

Don't know where, don't know when

But I know we'll meet again

Some sunny day

Keep smiling through

Just like you always do

'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

So will you please say hello

To the folks that I know

Tell them I won't be long

They'll be happy to know

That as you saw me go

I was singing this song

We'll meet again

Don't know where, don't know when

But I know we'll meet again

Some sunny day

We'll meet again

Don't know where, don't know when

But I know we'll meet again

Some sunny day

Keep smiling through

Just like you always do

'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

So will you please say hello

To the folks that I know

Tell them I won't be long

They'll be happy to know

That as you saw me go

I was singing this song

We'll meet again

Don't know where, don't know when

But I know we'll meet again

Some sunny day

As the song ended, Y/N turned in surprise when she heard slow applause coming from behind her.

Donnie: "Wow, just when I thought I couldn't be any more in love with you! So, how's the most incredible person in the world doing?"

Donnie climbed through the window and walked to take a seat next to her with a loving smile.

Y/N: "I don't know, how is he?"

Donnie: "Better, since he heard his newly proclaimed Nightingale sing the most beautiful song the world will ever know. Isn't that the song you told me your grandfather always sang during your piano lessons?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I figured this was the best way to honor those memories of him, even if it is just a little something. I can only hope I did him proud."

Y/N looked away with a solemn smile, so Donnie placed his fingers under her chin to have her lock eyes with his own.

Donnie: "Darling, I can almost guarantee that you did more than make him proud.  Of course, he wouldn't be the only one who's proud of you. Which reminds me, there's something I came to tell you."

Y/N returned his smile, grateful that she had someone like Donnie that she hoped to spend the rest of her life with.

Y/N: "I appreciate that, Handsome. So, what is it you came to tell me?" 

Donnie: "Well, there have been reports in the Hidden City about there being mystic pieces of armor that, according to Dad & Draxum, need to be dealt with immediately. I won't be able to visit for a while, maybe a week at the longest. We're leaving in the morning, so I just came by to bid a quick farewell to my lovely Aphrodite."

Donnie then bent down in a gentle manner to offer a hand to her, which she accepted and stood with a loving smile, and he lovingly smiled back.

Y/N: "Well then, until next time, Donatello. Farewell, I love you and I'll miss you."

Donnie: "Likewise, missing you already Y/N, the one and only Queen of my Heart."

Donnie bid her farewell as he placed a hand over his heart, giving her a loving kiss.  He then walked towards the window he'd entered through and leapt across the rooftops en route to his home.

After Donnie left, Y/N turned back to the photo of her grandfather.

Y/N: "So, that's Donnie, I know you always wanted to meet him. I hope you can understand that, under the circumstances, the chances of that were always slim. But, like I told you before, he's a great guy. He treats me like a queen, respects me, and makes me the happiest I've been since you've passed. I only hope you can approve of our relationship despite his, unique, appearance. Besides, it's like you always told me, it's what's inside that counts. Wish me luck with him, Pops. I love you and miss you. I'm sure somewhere in the distant future..."

"We'll meet again."

THE END