Why Not?

{Requested by @lil_BlueFizzie; Hope this lives up to your expectations; I know IRL Sabrina Carpenter wrote the song, but in this universe, it hadn't previously existed}

Key:

Y/N/N = Your Nickname

Donnie, Leo and Y/N have been thick as thieves since they were little. They've always done everything together. Birthdays, lab experiments, movie nights, sleepovers, skateboarding, you name it. In that time, Leo's noticed little things about the relationship between Y/N and Donnie, and so has everyone else. They've also noticed that their friend has quite the gift for singing and songwriting. So today, April and Mikey are gonna help bring this duo closer together than ever before.

Y/N: "I don't know about this."

Y/N and April are standing behind separate microphones in a recording studio while Mikey sits on the other side of the two-way glass mirror. April had an idea to put Y/N's newly written song to music with a sort of remix-like rhythm.

April: "Oh, come on, Y/N/N! It's fun! What's the worst that could happen?"

Me: "Oh, I don't know, technical difficulties, mic trouble, someone in particular could recognize me by my voice."

April: "Hence the use of a unique username and instead of an actual video, it'll be your voice with colorful backgrounds drawn by Mikey. Speaking of which, 'Dr. Feelings' asked me to give you this before we start."

April hands Y/N a small card with writing on both sides.

Front of Card:

Dear Favorite Patient (Don't tell the others),

I understand you might be feeling some mild anxiety about publicly announcing your secretive feelings for my 2nd eldest (and second favorite) brother. But trust me when I say this is all for the best. So, instead of asking 'Why?', you need to be asking...

(See back of card for answer)

Y/N flips the card over and smiles at the question she 'should' be asking. She takes a deep breath and nods to April to confirm that she's ready. April winks towards the two-way mirror, earning a slightly confused look from Y/N, before the music starts.

{A/N: Play video}

Y/N (April):

You like New York city in the daytime

I like New York city in the nighttime

You say you like sleeping with the air off

I don't, I need it on

You like the light coming through the windows

I sleep late, so I just keep 'em all closed

You ignore the music on the radio

I don't, I sing along

I don't ask for you to change, baby no no no

And you don't ask for me to change

Tell me how we're not alike

But we work so well and we don't even know why

Funny how the stars crossed right

'Cause we work so well and we don't even know why

You can call it fire and ice