For Future Reference

{A/N: The photo above is the dress Y/N is wearing; While the story does take place in a bar, all characters, if any, only drink virgin drinks to keep the story strictly PG}

It was another casual day in good old NYC. The 24/7 rush hour traffic was right on schedule as always, the cosplay wizard was freaking people out, again, as always. Something that was unusual however, was the fact that April had somehow been given permission from Y/N to allow her to practically drag the latter to the Aurora Borealis Bar, which happened to offer karaoke.

Y/N: "April, remind me again how I let you drag me into this? You know I'm shy when it comes to showing off what you call my 'Goddess-given talents'. The only thing this is gonna end in for me is full-on embarrassment and pity not just from myself, but from you as well. Oh my banana pancakes, that last part sounded just like Donnie. Jumping Jack Flash, I just did it again! Omigosh, now I sound like Raph!"

Before Y/N could ramble on any further, April interjected in an attempt to calm down her best friend.

April: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Y/N/N, if you keep up this rambling thing you really will start to sound like Donnie. Relax, you've got this in the bag. As for the little air quote thing, how is that any worse than how your purple-clad lovesick boyfriend refers to it as 'one of your many nightingale-like qualities'?"

Y/N: "Touché, and I appreciate the sentiment."

No sooner did Y/N finish that sentence did the announcer call her up to the stage for her big performance.

Y/N: "Well, wish me luck."

April: "Good luck, not that you'll need it."

As Y/N began to walk towards the stage, April suddenly felt someone repeatedly tap her shoulder. She turned her head in curiosity, only to find her 4 best friends in their human disguises.

Donnie: "We're not too late, are we? April, please, for the love of Galileo, tell me we're not too late!"

Donnie had an anxious look on his face, worried that he had just missed one of the biggest moments of his girlfriend's life. This might require comforting and as much emotional support from Donnie he could offer, which was basically every ounce of support in the world.

April: "Relax D, you're just in time. Grab a chair and watch the magic happen."

Donnie's look changed to a warm smile as he and his brothers grabbed chairs from empty tables and took their seats as they turned their heads towards the stage to support their best friend/girlfriend.

Y/N: "Hello everyone. So, this song is dedicated to someone who has always been there for me for as long as I can remember, and I can only hope that he'll be there for me from now until always. So, for future reference, this one's for you, Donnie."