FAB, Flowers, and Feelings

{A/N: Requested by @Rainy_RiuChan ; Hope this lives up to your expectations; In reality Ruth B. wrote this song, but in this universe, the song hadn't previously existed; Photo above is from the episode "Stuck On You", just to give you an idea of what Y/N and Donnie look like when encased in the FAB spray; Donnie in his position and Y/N in Raph's, minus Mikey & Leo}

Key:
FAB = Foam Agent Bonding
Y/N/N = Your Nickname

Y/N: "Donnie, you are one of my best friends. I love you, I've got your back, I'll always be there for you, and all that sentimental candy floss. But, uh, WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE A CAN OF FAB SPRAY LYING AROUND AGAIN? In my room of all places? Why not locked away somewhere in your lab, and the only way to open it is via voice identification?"

Today was like any other day for Y/N and Donnie. Well, at the very least, it was like any other day. Until, mere moments ago, when Y/N had knocked over a can of FAB spray she didn't know was there with her elbow as she turned in the seat at her desk to face Donnie as he crawled through her bedroom window for a surprise visit. Once the can's actuator hit the ground, the actuator got stuck and sprayed the two into an encasing of the material.

Now they just had to wait until one of two things happened. One, the encasing breaks apart over time. Or two, they figure out a way to safely create a crack that would spread across their entrapment and break away in a matter of seconds. It had been 5 minutes, and so far neither of those things had happened. Donnie felt guilty, which he was in one way or another, but something in Y/N's tone showed restraint. This usually meant she was less 'angry' and more 'trying to understand the cause of the situation'. In spite of this, he sighed and carefully explained his side of the story, so as not to anger his not-so-secret crush any further. Funnily enough, his crush had a not-so-secret crush on him. Why it was no longer considered a secret is because everyone knew about it except the focus of said crush.

Donnie: "I thought it would be a safe place to keep it from my brothers, specifically Leo, because I'm the only one of us who comes in through your window. The others always use the door dressed in a giant trench coat and fedora. Although, in hindsight, the shelf in your closet might've been a better place other than out in the open on your desk beside the purple roses I got you for your birthday last month. Which can only mean one thing, I've spent too much time inhaling too many chemicals from my experiments, and it's caused me to become as smart as the Purple Dragons. Or worse, as smart as-*gulp*-Leo. "

As Donnie shuddered at the thought, Y/N couldn't help but break her icy exterior as she let a laugh slip with a smile.

Y/N: "Well, it's a common mistake. Even an incredibly tenacious, smart, brave, caring person like you can have the occasional slip of the mind. If anything, it just means you're as human as anyone else, no matter what species you are, there's a little 'human' in all of us."

Once Donnie heard this, he let out a sigh of relief with a smile that Y/N wished she could see. She loved the way she could make him smile with the simplest of sentences. She'd trade everything else in the world to catch even a glance of that smile. It was part of the reason she had been working on what she had before Donnie had showed up.

At that moment, Y/N's laptop made a sound that made Donnie jerk his head toward the source of whatever had made him lose his train of thought. He carefully rolled over to Y/N's desk to see that a notification on the screen that read 'Do you want to save this email draft?'. Donnie checked to see who the email was meant for, only to see Mikey's email address: drfeelings@yeah,thatone.com. He then looked to see what they had been emailing each other. All that was in the email space was the link to a video titled 'Floral Flirtations'.