Not Afraid

{A/N: I know that in reality Taylor Swift wrote the song, but in this universe this song hadn't previously existed; Image above is Donnie's human disguise}

In a small apartment somewhere in NYC, a girl sits hunched over her desk working on her latest, as her boyfriend would call it, 'masterpiece'. That girl was none other than Y/N, the 6 month long girlfriend of a certain purple-clad hero. Y/N groaned in frustration as she crumpled yet another piece of paper into a ball and tossed it over her shoulder aiming for the trash can in her room. Unfortunately, instead of landing in the trash can, it gently hit her roommate, April O'Neil, in the head.

April: "Hey, what did that paper ever do to you to deserve the job of hitting me in the head?"

Y/N smiled as she turned in surprise to see her roommate in the doorway to her bedroom.

Y/N: "Oops, sorry April, I've just been working on a song and so far all my ideas are useless."

April: "Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. The right idea will come to you when it comes to you."

Y/N: "Thanks Apes, so where have you been on a Saturday afternoon? Job searching again?"

April: "No, I was hanging with the guys, all except Donnie. Leo said something about 'preparing for your next hangout sesh'. Just out of curiosity, when is your next hangout sesh?"

Y/N: "Tonight, although I don't see any reason why he should have to 'prepare' anything. Did Leo say he seemed nervous or anything?" 

April: "Please, has Donnie ever been nervous about anything? Overconfident maybe, but nervous? I don't think so."

Y/N: "Well, you'd be surprised to find out that there's more to him than meets the eye. Although, I keep telling him there's never any reason to be-"

Y/N stopped mid-sentence as an idea popped into her head. April gave a look of confusion at the sudden pause.

April:"Y/N, is everything ok?"

Y/N: "It's better than ok. I finally have an idea for a song!"

April: "Seriously, you have a full song in your head in under 20 seconds?!"

Y/N: "What can I say? I guess I'm just that good."

April replied with a sly smirk.

April: "That, or spending all your free time with Donnie has made you a bit too cocky."

They both gave a small laugh at the idea before Y/N began the music she had prepared in advance for her current work in progress. However, they were both unaware that the man, or turtle in question had just arrived at their apartment's balcony, opened the window, and had stopped short of Y/N's bedroom entrance awaiting to hear his girlfriend's latest project.

{A/N: Start the video; Bold and underlined is wherever I've changed the lyrics}

Y/N:

There's something 'bout the way

The street looks when it's just rained

There's a glow off the pavement, you walk me to the car

And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there

In the middle of the parking lot, yeah

Oh, yeah

We're driving down the road, I wonder if you know

I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now