Greater Than Before

{A/N: I know that in reality Isabela Merced wrote the song, but in this universe, this song hadn't previously existed; The image above is what the studio looks like}

Key:

Y/N/N = Your Nickname

Time was running out. It was only a week until Donnie & Leo's birthday, and Y/N had run out of ideas for gifts. She had gotten Leo a blue unicorn onesie and a t-shirt with the word 'CHAMP' written on it, but she couldn't think of anything special enough to get for her boyfriend of 8 months. At the moment, Mikey was sitting on her bed while she paced around the room, trying to help her think of ideal gift ideas for the purple-clad tech genius.

Mikey: "How about a mechanical pizza oven?"

Y/N shot Mikey a knowing smile.

Y/N: "Are you sure that's not something you want rather than what Donnie wants?"

Mikey returned her smile as he glanced away from her.

Mikey: "Maybe. Although, he has always wanted uranium for his inventions."

Y/N let out a small chuckle.

Y/N: "Tell you what, I'll ask Donnie to see if he can make one for your birthday, but right now I need your help to figure out what to get Donnie that shows how important he is to me. As for the uranium thing, maybe I should get him something easy to find and less radioactive."

Mikey decided to use one of Dr. Feelings' tactics.

Mikey: "Well, how important to you is he?"

Y/N gave some hard thinking to his question before answering

 Y/N: "Well, before I met you guys, I wasn't exactly the most social person. I mainly stayed in my room reading books, studying for school, or just sitting at my desk staring at my bulletin board lost in thought."

Mikey: "About what?"

Y/N: "Promise you won't laugh or anything?"

Mikey nodded in reassurance.

Y/N: "Mostly about what life would be like if I hadn't been so shy. Then, one day on my way home from school I was confronted by the Purple Dragons. They tried to convince me to join their club, but I wasn't interested. I had heard of the things they did outside of school, and decided I was better off avoiding what they called 'fun'. When I refused, they didn't take it very well. Luckily, Donnie swooped in and saved the day. Whenever I bring it up, he refers to himself as a knight in shining battle armor."

Y/N laughed at the memory before an idea finally popped into her head. Mikey slowly walked over to her and waved a hand in front of her face.

Mikey: "Y/N/N? Hello?"

Y/N shook herself out of her stupor.

Y/N: "Mikey, you're a genius. Thanks to you, I have an idea for what to give Donnie for his birthday, but I'm gonna need your help. I'll also need help from the others to set everything up.  Are you in?"

Mikey: "You bet I am Y/N, and I'm sure the others would be happy to help too!"

Over the next few days, Mikey and Y/N were hard at work on Donnie's birthday surprise. Once that part had been taken care of, Y/N called on April to find a suitable place to present it to him. She then called on the rest of the team for assistance in making sure Donnie would arrive on time. Finally, the big day came. Donnie and Leo had their usual birthday celebration: special breakfast cooked by Mikey, party games they had invented when they were kids, and special birthday speeches given by April and Raph.