Foreign Love

{A/N: The image above is Donnie and Y/N's daughter; This is the final sequel to "When The Sun Sets, Will It Last?" and takes place 6 years after the last story; I don't know why, but Angelica seems perfect for their daughter's name}

It was another peaceful night in the lair. Everything was running as smoothly as it usually did. Raph & Casey sparring in the garage, Mikey working on his graffiti art, Leo perfecting his skateboarding skills with Angelica as his audience, and Donnie with Y/N in the lab working on their latest project. On this particular night, April O'Neil was headed towards the lair to hang out with her favorite, albeit her only, goddaughter. April was always ready to lend a helping hand to Donnie and Y/N if they needed someone to keep an eye on Angelica. As she approached her destination, she immediately spotted Leo by the skate ramp enveloping Angelica in a bear hug as he ruffled her hair, the girl squealing and laughing in delight. April smiled widely as she slowly walked up to them to surprise them.

April: "How's my favorite niece in the whole world?"

Angelica turned her head towards the voice and ran to her aunt as Leo released her from the hug, his loving smile never leaving his face as he watched his niece run towards his girlfriend.

Leo: "Now this is a sight I like to see. Two out of 3 of my favorite girls, smiling and laughing."

Angelica turned back towards Leo in confusion.

Angelica: "Who's the third girl, Uncle Leo?"

Leo: "Well, I can't exactly dislike your mother now, can I? After all, she gave us the best niece/goddaughter in the world. Besides, if I did, your father would have my head."

Angelica was probably the only girl in the world with 2 godmothers and 4 godfathers, but Donnie and Y/N wouldn't have it any other way. She nodded in understanding, before getting to the point she was about to make before her uncle interjected.

Angelica: "Can I ask you guys something?"

April: "Of course, you can ask us anything. But, are you sure you wouldn't rather ask your parents?"

Angelica shook her head as she explained her reasoning.

Angelica: "No, I'd like an outside opinion about this."

Leo took on his signature sly grin before taking a seat on the couch, April on the opposite side with Angelica in her lap.

Leo: "Well, now you have to tell us. Spill it, kiddo."

Nothing could've prepared them for what she said next.

Angelica: "How did my parents meet?"

Their eyes widened slightly as they glanced at each other before turning their gazes toward the curious 5-year-old. They were surprised that neither Donnie, nor Y/N, had ever told their daughter how they got together in the first place. Leo cleared his throat as he tried to think of a way to answer his niece's question.

Leo: "Well princesà, I don't really know how to properly explain it to someone of your age."

The little girl frowned before using a tone she had heard her father use with him countless times.

Angelica: "Might I remind you that I am the child of the two most brilliant people in the universe, and have learned a very advanced vocabulary from Daddy?"

April chuckled as she watched the surprised look on her boyfriend's face, just as an idea popped into her head.

April: "You really are your father's daughter. Listen, sweetie, we just don't know how to explain it to you in words. So, what's Mommy's favorite motto?"