Epilogue One

•★ Tex ★•

With my dick in hand, I wake. Some habits die hard, I suppose. It's still dark outside. I rub my eyes and pretend I don't already know why I woke at this hour. I do so basically every night. Maybe I can sneak in some carnal fun before duty calls.

"Birdie?" I nudge her shoulder. "Are you awake?"

In response, she grumbles like a bear in hibernation. A clear sign that I should let her sleep.

Or not.

I slip my hand under the hem of her flimsy nightgown and tease the skin just below her ass. "How about now?"

She rolls to her other side so she faces me; eyes wide open. "You're being unfair. You know I can't resist you."

I slide my hand up a little further, caressing the side of her body. "It's not my fault you're easily turned on."

She wriggles herself underneath me and I gladly let her. I kiss her tenderly for a moment. Our love still burns hot like the first time we met. I'm so lucky; my wife is like fine fucking wine. Not even five years of challenging motherhood touched her beauty.

I might be a little biased, but I know it's true. Men turn their heads all the time. They can look for a second, wishing to be in my shoes, but I'll be the one fucking her hard later that night.

If time and tiredness allow it.

She glances at the clock and frowns. "Has to be a quicky."

"I can try, but you always distract me with your tits." To prove my point, I pull down her lacy neckline, lick her hard nipple, and then work my way up to the slender column of her neck.

Her legs spread a little more; her breaths turn to soft moans. She runs her fingers down my back. "You know exactly how I like it."

Fuck yeah.

I will never get enough of the taste of her skin, the warmth of her body. I could spend an eternity between her legs, a million years inside her pussy. I could—

"DAADDD!"

Time's up.

I sigh and lean my forehead against hers. "How did I become the favorite parent?"

She chuckles and kisses my nose. "That's the price you pay for forcing me to be the bad cop all the time."

"You're so much better at it than I am. Remember when you cuffed me to the bed? You were a very convincing cop then. Especially in that outfit you wore."

Her grin turns into a yawn. "That was fun. We should do that again somewhere in the near future. Reversed roles, this time."

"I'm not putting on a uniform, but I'll bring my guns—" I flex my left bicep like an absolute douchebag. "—and baton ready for combat."

She chuckles in my neck and I laugh too. I'll just ask Frank to take the girls next Friday for a sleepover so Ellie and I can have a date—read: fuck—night. He doesn't mind. Fucking criminal gone model gone house dad. Well, suits me fine. Beats paying a stranger to watch our kids.

After a last kiss, I sit myself on the edge of the bed and grab my shorts from the floor. When I turn to Ellie again, she's already lying spread fucking eagle on her stomach, face snuggled into the pillow.

"Don't go back to sleep yet ... " I give her ass a little squeeze. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Mmmmm."

Yeah, she's two minutes away from snoring like an overproducing sawmill. Before entering the lair of our nighttime-terrorists, I look down to make sure I'm decent.