Joseph

What the fuck is she thinking? She's only hurting Mateo and herself. I know it's scary but she can't just submit to him. It's not fucking human. Submitting to a fucking abuser. What the fuck?

I'm getting so pissed off. I need to think clearly. Try not think about it Joseph. Breathe come on Breathe. I can't I SO FUCKING UGHH!

I stormed back to my locker room and collapsed into my couch. Come on Joseph stop thinking about it come on.

Flashback back when Joseph was 3

"Leati he's gone come on we are leaving baby"My mom said as she picked me up.

"Momma I scared"I said crying

"No no baby you don't have to be okay? We are gonna find a new home away from daddy okay"She said kissing my cheek trying to sooth me.

"Momma no leave me"I said clinging to her.

"Baby I'm not going anywhere for a long time let's pack as much as we can before daddy comes back"

"Okay momma"I said as she placed me on the floor and I took everything I needed leaving toys and teddy's behind. Everything I loved I left. I only took clothes and my backpack. We ran downstairs and hopped into my mothers car and drove away from my home.

We stopped off at a motel luckily my mother took some money so we had enough to have something to eat and somewhere better to sleep.

"You okay baby?"My mom said sitting next to me

"I sorry momma I no mean to make daddy and momma no happy no more"

"Don't blame yourself Leati hey I love you my little baby"

"But momma you no happy"I said pouting my lips

"I am happy baby I'm happy my little boy is safe I don't care about your daddy the way I care about you Leati. Your my little boy hey. My little boy.

"I wove you momma"

"I love you too Leati"

"Momma?"

"Yes baby?"

"Don't leave me. Ever please"

"Leati I'm always gonna be here for you I promise your my little boy and I'm going to do everything to protect you"

"Me too momma I pretect you"

"Awee baby"She said taking me into a cuddle

"Momma my fave person"I said smiling

"Leati my favourite person"

I smiled at her.

19 years later

I was realest after severing my 4 years for selling weed and giving the money to my mom so she could pay for the bills and her wage covered the food and water. She was suspicious and it was because of her I turned myself it. Ashamed of myself regretting everything I did my mother did thank me for trying to help but the way I was doing it was wrong and illegal but because of my past and the place I grew up. I thought it was right I mean everyone was dealing drugs in gangs so I thought it was right I thought everybody did it but I couldn't hurt my mother so. I severed time 4 years juvenile prison. I talked with my mother everyday on the phone.

That's when I was realest,Jon picked me up and then I was told the news I never wanted.

"Uce we gotta talk about mom"Jon called my mom his mom Jon had a strong relationship with his father but not his mother.

"What do you mean?"I said as I say In the car.

"It's bad uce"He said as I saw his eyes filled and my heart increased and I was breathing heavily

"Jon what is wrong with my mom?"

"She's-she's got cancer uce they don't think she's got long left"

"THAT IS BULLSHIT MY MOM WILL FUCKING WHOPE CANCERS ASS OKAY SHES SO FUCKING STRONG SHE SURVIVED MY FUCKING FATHER THIS IS NOT TAKING HER I SWEAR TO GOD!"

"Uce they've tried everything"Jon said tears falling

"DO NOT GIVE UP ON HER!"I snapped

"IM NOT WE DONT HAVE MONEY UCE WE HAVE NOTHING TO SAVE HER!"

"WHAT IF WE NEGOTIATE WITH THEM PAY THE BILLS WHEN I GET A JOB"

"UCE THEY WILL NOT I ALREADY TRIED"

"THIS IS MY FUCKING FAULT"I screamed slamming my fists against the glass window

"JOSEPH THERE WAS NOTHING COULD DO"

"IF I DID NOT TURN MYSELF IN I WANNA MADE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY IT FUCK SAKE"I screamed as I broke down crying. My fucking mom.

A couple days later I arrived to find my mother weak and pale in my bed and I had to except the reality. She was dying. I sat next to her and held her had and kissed it softly.

"Hey mom"I whimpered out my voice breaking from the tears.

"L-Leati?"

"I'm here mom I was realest Jon drove me here he's just getting food"I said gently rubbing my thumb on her hand

"You never failed me Leati"

"I did mom I'm a criminal I promised to protect you mom and now look where you are because of me"I cried

"No baby hey look at me"She said moving her hand to my face.

"What mom?"I said as tears streamed down my face

"Your not him. Your not him Leati your not your father. You are so strong and everything you did for me you didn't care about yourself you cared about me more then your father ever did. I'm so proud to call you son. Your not a criminal baby you protected me just like you said you would. Baby you kept your promise I'm sorry I couldn't keep mine"

"Don't say that mom please don't give up please mom"I said crying uncontrollably

"I'm not baby I'm not I'm going to fight for you just like you fought for me"

"I'll be here everyday I promise mom"

"I know you will be"

The next day I came back to my mom. Dying worse then she was before Jon was work so I was alone watching her die. She had a heart attack and I remember the pain and shock my body went through Jon raced to hospital but it's was to late I failed to protect her.

I snapped back into reality I can only see something like happening to Nicole or someone I just I can't let it happen again