11

The second the scent of lavender grew stronger, Yeosang turned to his bedroom door and waited for Wooyoung to poke his head in.

"Hey." The omega whispered. He stayed hidden behind the door, tapping on it while looking at the floor.

"You feel it too?" Yeosang asked, opening his arms to welcome the younger into as tight of a hug as he could manage.

All he got as an answer was a quick nod, but he didn't mind.

They could both sense that something was wrong through their Soulmate bonds.

Their mates were scared... so scared...

Yeosang had almost bolted out the door the second he felt it, but he knew that would have been a mistake. There would be so many obstacles, the main one being that he had no idea where to begin looking. His back needed him here too.

It killed him to stay, but Hongjoong would want him to.

Although, the second he felt some kind of pain, he was running as fast as he could.

"I didn't tell him..." Wooyoung whimpered. He forced his nose against Yeosang's neck and tried to take a deep breath.

"Tell him what?" the beta lifted a hand to gently stroke the back of his packmate's head.

"That I love him... I was angry with him when he was leaving, and I d-didn't-"

"Shhhh." Yeosang whispered the moment he heard Wooyoung's voice crack. He tried to hug even harder, wanting to do everything he could to comfort the younger. "He knows. "He always knows. That's the amazing thing about your bond."

The omega sniffled and nodded.

Again, Yeosang understood. He knew Wooyoung was going through all the 'what-ifs', each and every possible scenario of what could happen. It was something he himself had been doing the second Hongjoong passed out of mind link range.

"Mama?" Chan's voice came from the door. He was standing in the hall with Rhodey, both of them looking concerned.

Wooyoung immediately turn to puss his son to him. "I'm ok."

The young alpha was quick to wrap his arms around Wooyoung's hips. He turned his head to the side to rest his cheek against his mom's stomach before saying, "Dad is strong. He and Uncle Hongjoong will be fine."

Yeosang beamed at the boy while hugging his own. "You're absolutely right, Chan. Now, why don't we go find something to eat and maybe look for a movie to watch?"

"Yeah!" Both boys said at the same time before running from the room.

Wooyoung took Yeosang's hand as they walked down the hall together. He seemed to have calmed down a little, but the beta could still sense his stress.

It was obvious that Chan did too, because he kept coming to give his mother a hug in between setting up things in the living room.

Thankfully the house was peaceful and quiet for the evening. The kids who didn't live in the main house anymore had all gone home, and the rest of the pack was sleeping.

So the four of them curled up together, bundled in fluffy blankets and pillows that Wooyoung insisted on adding to make a little next. He hummed happily when he curled into Yeosang's side.

Even with the nagging feeling that something was wrong, the beta had to admit that this was pretty perfect. He could still feel Hongjoong's fear, but it was enough to distract him.

That is, until a howl pierced the quest of the night a few hours later.

.

.