57

The next few days were... tense for Hongjoong's pack, if nothing else.

There was still a lot of catching up that needed to happen, questions to be asked, and healing to be done.

For everyone, including the pack that still surrounded them.

Eunkwang was doing a fine job organizing everything. He'd set up medical sites, food stocks, guards, and builders to make repairs on any damaged buildings.

There were a few times he stopped by to check in, bringing plenty of food and medicine with him.

Apparently, there were still a few female alphas loyal to Nova and her vision, but they had all been rounded up and imprisoned to await trial.

That was what brought the alpha by one day, along with his mate, to ask Hongjoong, San, Avayla, Theo, and Mingi if the wanted to participate at all.

There was a lot of debating, mostly from Seonghwa, who wanted all of them to suffer, but... the final word came from Mingi and his soft request to just be left alone.

Eunkwang had been very understanding, bowing as he left and letting them know they could ask for anything and he'd do his best.

The other visitors they had more consistently was the Elite.

Minji had led an official apology, with all of them on their knees, to try and gain forgiveness.

Because Avayla was so close to them now, that forgiveness was given, though not everyone gave acceptance.

Again Seonghwa, who glared at all seven alphas whenever they came over. He'd grown so bitter and angry...

Truly, the overall feeling was just the wish to move on.

A week after the fighting ended, Hongjoong gathered everyone in the clearing in front of the house, including Eunkwang and his close group, and the Elite.

"Thank you for coming." He said, bowing his head to both groups. "We've been through a lot together, and... I know you've been waiting for us to do something." The alpha paused and looked over his shoulder at his pack. "We've decided it's time for us to leave."

A few shocked gasps came from the Elite, and they all turned to look at Avayla.

"All of you?" Siyeon asked softly.

"You don't have to," Gahyeon added, her big eyes shining with tears.

Minji and Bora exchanged a sad look. "You can stay with us."

Seonghwa started to growl, but Hongjoong silenced him with a sharp wave of his hand. There was no reason for a fight to break out, not now.

Especially because this was something that had been discussed at great length with Avayla and Theo.

Many times.

They'd even come to Hongjoong one night, wanting the advise and wisdom of their head alpha.

With tears in her own eyes, Avayla walked over to her friends. "All of us." She answered, her voice cracking with grief.

The Elite all surrounded her, their wishes and pleas filling the clearing.

"Don't go."

"We will take care of you!"

"You're our friend."

"We love you..."

The last one made Avayla break down and soon all eight alphas were crying in each other's arms.

Even Maria went to join them, running straight to Yoohyeon and hugging her tightly.

"We would take care of them." Eunkwang said quietly after he approached Hongjoong. His face twisted with pain as he watched the exchange. "Like they are our own."