41

Mingi screamed, sitting up in bed and flinging his arm out to try and fend off whoever had grabbed him.

"Get away!" His voice cracked as he tried to push himself away from his attacker.

Then fell off the bed.

He landed with a painful thud on his shoulder, hitting his head on the wall at the same time.

"Oh, fuck." A man said. It took a second for Mingi to register that it was Angelo, and really the only thing that connected the dots for him was Theo's familiar hand grasping his shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah..." Mingi groaned and rubbed his head. He could already feel a knot forming and it was tender to the touch.

"Good, then you need to come with us." Angelo's scent turned sour and his voice shook. "Hurry!"

"What's going on?" The alpha asked. He held out his arms for Theo to grab and help him stand.

"Nova has been spotted nearby. We need to hide you."

Mingi felt himself blink several times as he tried to process what was said. Nova was coming for him. She was coming...  He felt faint. The floor spun beneath him. She was going to put him back in that room... Probably tie him down so he could never escape...

He heard others rushing around him, then the sound of something being sprayed nearby. Whatever it was, it started to neutralize all the scents lingering in the air.

"Hurry! Hurry!" Angelo said again.

Theo tugged on Mingi's arms, guiding him through the room and down a hallway.

He threw all of his trust into the beta, knowing full well that Theo would help and protect him.

"There's no good place to hide him, we've never had to do this." Someone hissed from the other side of the house.

"Take him to my room, we will hide him in my closet." Angelo said.

"She's getting closer!" Someone else yelled from behind them now.

Mingi's heart was racing. He wasn't sure what to think, what to feel, what to do... His pulse pounded heavily in his skull, making his head ache even more. The spot he'd hit it earlier was the worst. It throbbed as if it was ready to explode.

Right now, he was completely helpless. The darkness that was his new world was so consuming. He hated that he was forced to rely on these unfamiliar wolves...

"Mingi, I know this is frightening, but I need you to control your emotions. Your scent is strong enough as it is." Angelo hissed, almost matching the sound of whatever spray bottle he was using to try and mask Mingi's potent mint smell.

The alpha whined a little but did as he was asked, burrowing deep within himself to try and lock his emotions away for the time being.

In just a few seconds, he was shoved into a closet, tucked into a corner, and had a pile of dirty clothes thrown on him after being sprayed a few more times.

He heard the others shuffling around frantically, probably trying to think of other ways to hide him...

This seemed effective, or he hoped it would be at least. The dirty clothes masked his scent fairly well, but he would always be able to sense it. The real test would be if Nova came in the house.

"Theo, he'll be fine, you can't stay in here." Annabelle urged.

There was a soft whine, then the snap of a light switch, followed by the soft click of the door shutting.

It was so hard for Mingi to contain himself.

He wanted to scream.

He wanted to tremble.