47

Jongho did his best to be patient, allowing everyone else to get their time with Hongjoong first.

But oh... how he needed a hug from his head alpha too.

He sat back on his knees and ankles, eyes flicking between his pack ad the fighting happening right outside.

It was getting closer... and that made him nervous.

Yet he couldn't bring himself to stop the reunion happening in front of him.

Yeosang was glued to his mate's side, nuzzling against his mating mark while letting out tiny whimpers, with Rhodey wedged in between them, hugging his father around his stomach and crying softly.

Seonghwa and Yunho were on their knees at Hongjoong's other side, both holding onto his arm and pressing their foreheads against his shoulder.

And their head alpha looked at all four of them with the purest form of love and devotion. He made sure each one received kisses to the tops of their heads, even Gunner when he leaned over Seonghwa's shoulder.

"You came for us." He whispered, the pained smile never leaving his face.

"Of course we came for you!" Yeosang's forehead scrunched with disapproval. "We need you. I need you. I can't-"

Hongjoong silenced him with another soft kiss into his disheveled brown hair. "I know. I just... Part of me was starting to believe I'd never see you again."

Then his eyes fell to Jongho and the younger alpha couldn't help but lean forward, a whine nearly escaping his lips.

"Thank you for protecting them." Hongjoong's voice was filled with so much gratitude and emotion, there was no doubting he meant it with every ounce of his being.

Jongho lost it. He fell forward until his forehead was pressed into Hongjoong's thigh.

Everyone else moved aside so that Hongjoong's hands were free to gently cup the sides of Jongho's head while he leaned forward to press his own forehead to Jongho's upper back, effectively sheltering him from the eyes of their pack.

Hongjoong tilted his head just enough so he could whisper in the direction of Jongho's ear, his voice drifting toward him like a soft summer breeze. "I know. It's alright."

Jongho could feel the others watching him. Especially Yunho. He didn't like appearing weak in front of them. He was an alpha. He needed to be strong...

But the sobs wouldn't stop.

"One more minute." Hongjoong continues to whisper. "Take one more minute. Then I need you to continue to hep me take care of everyone. Can you do that for me?"

The younger alpha sucked in a hard breath. He lifted his hands up to grab Hongjoong's arms, holding onto them to try and ground himself.

Both alphas started breathing at the same time. Deep breath in, long breath out.

He wasn't sure if it was exactly a minute or not, but Jongho already felt so much better. That simple reconnection with his alpha was healing.

When he sat up, Hongjoong sat up with him and immediately held out a hand.

Jongho puffed is chest out a little, then clasped the other's forearm with the force of a head alpha, the role he'd been filling for many months now.

The pack link rushed into them. Each one of them sighed in relief as more pieces of themselves clicked into place.

They felt San and Wooyoung, their emotions and joy were so strong it was almost like a slap in the face. But it also came as a huge relief because that answered their unspoken questions of what had happened to them.