53

"Annabelle, if you don't take me now, I will find my own way." Mingi said, on the verge of pleading. "But it would be easier with you guiding me."

"I can't... Theo asked me to keep you here and keep you safe." The beta spoke softly. Her voice trembled, like she was struggling with something.

Something that made itself known when the contents of her stomach ended up on the ground. The awful smell made Mingi turn his head away and he cringes.

A few, strangled howls came from the fighting, ringing out above the growls and whines and snarls. But... it was starting to die don a little from what Mingi could tell, thanks to his sharp ears.

The only reason he was moderately calm was because he could still feel his connection to Seonghwa. That magical string binding them together have him enough hope to keep going.

And when Annabelle started to heave again, Mingi put his faith in his other senses, and walked toward the war continuing to rage in front of him.

.

.

.

.

Yunho stumbled to the side, his vision blurring for a second. He'd just chased off a small, female alpha who he didn't have the energy to chase after.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was fading fast. There was no way to tell just how long they'd been fighting, although the sun dipping behind the peaks towering over them told him it had been a few hours at least...

To top it all off, a familiar tightness was slowly taking over his back.

Jongho seemed to sense that and hurried this side. Are you alright? He started herding his mate away from the others, his ears on a constant swivel.

I'm so tired... Yunho admitted, not even trying to stop what Jongho was doing.

Take a break. Find a place to hide. I can't risk you getting hurt. Jongho said gently.

But you need me. They need me. I just need a minute to catch my- Mid sentence, yunho paused and his head jerks up and to the left.

Just in time to see Theo charging toward the courtyard.

Theo!! Both parents shout out of instinct.

Exhaustion forgotten, they try to run after their son, panic and joy fueling their adrenaline.

Yunho bowed, tears already soaking into the fur around his eyes. But it wasn't answered, by anyone in their pack.

He wasn't going to let that stop him though. Yunho would do anything to get to his son, anything to protect him and save him.

His alpha felt the same, and together they pushed through the swear of wolves blocking their path.

They pushed to get to their precious Theo.

.

.

.

.

Rhodey! Hongjoong yelled right before shoving his son out of the way when an alpha tried to get her jaws around his back leg.

He took the attack instead, yelping in pain when teeth sank into flesh. She tried to yank her head back, but Hongjoong was able to twist around and make her stumble. As soon as she let go, he lunged at her and forced her to the ground, grabbing her neck at the same time and squeezing until no more breath left her bod.

Dad! Rhodey was by his side in an instant, rubbing up against him and whining, with Yeosang close behind.

I'm alright. Hongjoong said, licking his mate's muzzle. I'm aright.