34

The cabin was a flurry of motion by the time Yeosang and the others made it back. Only Seonghwa and Rhodey stopped long enough to check on their family.

Yeosang felt his heart ache while listening to Gunner and Jongho fill Seonghwa in on what the Seer had said about Mingi.

His friend clutched at his chest and looked like he was about to double over, but Seonghwa showed his amazing inner strength by simply nodding and returning to packing rucksacks with food, blankets, and clothes.

Jongho watched him for a long moment, concern evident in his eyes. Then they flicked to everyone else in the room. His wolf must have been on overdrive because his scent turned slightly sour with overbearing protectiveness.

No one moved to stop him, though. It was actually incredibly comforting to feel... It reassured them that they could rely on their alpha to look after them both physically and emotionally.

A few moments later, the door to the twin's room opened and Stephan stepped out. Light sobs could be heard behind him, but the haggard looking alpha shut the door and cleared his throat.

Jongho turned to face the other alpha and tensed as his instincts flared even more. "What's the matter?"

Stephan looked horrible... Dark circles outlined his blood-shot eyes. The muscles in his arms twitched as if from fatigue. He was an alpha at war with himself... "Did-" His voice was thick and he had to clear is throat again before speaking. "Did you find out where they are?"

"Not an exact location, but we know which way to go." Jongho said.

The other alpha nodded slowly. That simple action had Yeosang's eyebrows furrowing. "You're not coming with us, are you?"

Everyone looked at the beta with shock.

But Stephan just bowed his head and his shoulders started to shake. "I... I don't know what to do..."

An understanding look crossed Jongho's face and he visibly relaxed. "How can I help? Tell me your dilemma."

"I want to save my sister. She's all I have left of my family. But I also need to protect my pup, and hers. Now that I know my omegas are pregnant... Can I risk taking them further away from home when we still don't have an exact destination or timeline? Can I risk this going on long enough for them to have our pups in the middle of nowhere?" Stephan whine and clenched his fists. "But... How can I even think about abandoning my sister..."

Jongho sighed softly and moved forward to place a hand on the younger alpha's shoulder. "You've heard our stories, so please believe me when I say that I understand. I know exactly the inner turmoil you're experiencing." His voice was gentle, full of the wisdom and glance needed from a head alpha right now. "I've always respected your choice to follow your instincts and keep your pack separate. You've always done what you think is right. Now, I need you to trust me."

Stephan slowly lifted his eyes to meet Jongho's gaze. "I do."

"Take the girls home while they are still able to travel and defend themselves. Trenton and Trinity are there, and you can ask Riley for help too. Let us take care of the rest."

Mixed emotions twisted into Stephan's scent. It was easy to see how hard it was for him to think about leaving the search for his sister. A louder sob came from the bedroom, making hm flinch and tilt his head onward the door.

Lorelai had to be struggling with the decision too...

"Alright." Stephan whispered. "I trust you, all of you, so please bring my sister home."

Jongho nodded and held out his hand for Stephan to shake before everyone started working again.

It would be dangerous for him to go alone with two pregnant omegas, so their goal was to travel as fast and as light as possible. With just the three of them, there was a chance they could be home in just a few days depending on how the girls were feeling and if they ran into any complications.