27

If he was still in his wolf form, Yunho knew his hackles would be standing on edge and his entire body would be trembling with a vicious growl. Part of him wished he had shifted again, but he was trying to be on his best behavior...

Although he could tell Jongho desperately wanted to shift as well. His eyes were bright red and locked on the omega in front of them while he held his arms behind him to keep Wooyoung pressed against his back.

The crowd around them shuffled in place nervously, yet no one made an effort to leave. Instead, more just kept coming to watch the new encounter.

"Leave. Now." Jongho growled, his lip curling into a terrifying snarl.

"Please." Lionel held up his hands in surrender and took a step back. "Please let me explain."

"No! You don't get to explain!"

Everyone paused and looked down at where Chan was standing next to Jongho, his own eyes flickering between red and his natural brown and gold flecked eyes.

Wooyoung was quick to duck under Jongho's arms and pull Chan into his chest. "It's alright. Calm down, Sweetie."

Chan looked like he wanted to argue, but instead he stood up straighter and puffed out his chest a little, as if trying to be big like Jongho and create a wall between Wooyoung and Lionel.

A surge of pride came from their alpha as Jongho gave him a reassuring nod.

Before anyone else could speak, a gasp came from Lionel and all eyes turned back to him.

"Is... Is this him?" He asked, looking at Wooyoung with a mixture of awe and pain. "Sir..."

Wooyoung tensed, his hands tightening on Chan's shoulders. His scent reeked with anxiety and uncertainty.

An increasingly heavy and awkward silence fell over the area. Yunho knew that he wasn't sure what to do next. So far, Lionel wasn't giving off any signs that he was a threat. He was timid and cautious but also curious.

No one in his pack trusted it though. They all moved as one to gather around Wooyoung again.

Yunho stood directly behind him, wrapping an arm protectively around his chests, while Yeosang and Seonghwa stood on his other side.

The crowd started to grow a little restless, most shooting questioning glances at Wooyoung and his pack. They were the outsiders here...

When the murmurs started to grow louder, Wooyoung bit his lip and asked, "What are you doing here Lionel?" He shuddered when saying the name, although he kept his head up and his voice stayed strong.

Lionel's face softened with relief, and he bowed at his waist. "Thank you, Sir." He stood again and took a took breath. "I have been living with this pack for about... three years now? That sounds right I think, the days all blur together now. But after-" His voice cracked and he looked at his feet. "After you forced Ultima to disband, I gathered the remaining pack members and we tried to make it on our own. It wasn't meant to be... It's like we were cursed."

Wooyoung tilted his head ad his forehead creased a little.

Youngie, don't. Yunho said softly.

We can't trust him. Seonghwa agreed. He will do anything to try and manipulate you.

We should just walk away. Yeosang added. He doesn't deserve our time.

He deserves nothing. Jongho was trembling next to them.

They all started talking at once, each fighting to be heard while also trying to pull Wooyoung away from this situation.