12

Wooyoung, stop! Yeosang begged through a private link. Please wait for the others!

He knew he should, he knew it would be the smart thing to do, he knew it was... but all Wooyoung could think about what how his daughters were in danger.

The need to protect them drove him forward, taking over every single instinct he had.

Except one.

The second a smaller, dark, soot colored wolf appeared next to him, Wooyoung slid to a stop. Chan! Go home!

No, Mama! He pawed at the ground and huffed. I came to help.

You're too young.

And I'm the only alpha here. Chan's eyes flashed red and he gave a little snarl before he started running again.

Wooyoung and to pause a moment to collect himself before he could keep going. Chan had never spoken like that to him before, and he wasn't sure if he should be upset or proud.

He decided to address it later and continued to follow his son to the twin's home. It took them over thirty minutes to get there since they had chosen an area at the edge of the territory. That was something Wooyoung would suggest they change after this...

Everything looked fine with the home when they got there. Both were quick to shift and pull some sweatpants on, electing to run forward bare chested to save time, even with the cold air around them.

"Liz! Lori!" Wooyoung shouted as loud as he could.

Chan ran straight for the front door and yanked it open. "Mama!"

Wooyoung charged forward to pull his son out of the way, then stepped inside, only to cry out even louder than he had been screaming.

Stephan, Lizbeth, and Lorelai were all laying on the floor. The alpha looked like he had gone down trying to protect Lizbeth because he was in front of her while she was near the corner of the room.

Lorelai, on the other hand, was reaching for the door and it looked like there was blood surrounding her nails and pooling around her head.

Wooyoung dropped next to her and started to shake her shoulder. "Lai? Lorelai? Please, wake up! Lai!" He tried to keep the shaking out of his voice, but he couldn't deny the panic rising within him.

Woo, what is going on? Jongho asked with an obvious hint of anger. Answer me!

The twins and Stephen are unconscious. Chan answered for him. He was kneeling next to his other sister and running a hand through her hair.

What?! Everyone in the pack said at the same time, causing Wooyoung to flinch and let out a slight whimper.

Chan looked over at him in response and narrowed his eyes, but otherwise didn't move.

I don't see Serena anywhere. Wooyoung took a moment to look around the room.

There were clear signs of a struggle. The kitchen table was upended, several dishes were smashed in various places around the room, and it looked like the front door had been kicked in.

See?! I told you! It's that filthy bitch of a she wolf! Seonghwa's snarl was so powerful, it felt like the link itself would shatter.

But why would she just take Serena and not the others? Yeosang asked. It doesn't make any sense...

None of this makes sense. But the two female alphas have vanished right after she left. I'm going to hunt her down and rip her throat out!