Chapter 6

"Would you calm down you're freaking me the hell out?!" I all but yelled into my phone, as Ally screamed at me through the video call

I was trying on outfits in my apartment, madly throwing things out of drawers and onto the floor in a stress. I had just made the mistake of telling Ally about the true identity of my dates over the last couple of months and the party I was attending this weekend.

"Laurel, what the fuck though, the Avengers, for real!" She squealed from the other end, crackling slightly as the line was coming from England.

I sat down on the bed facing the phone that was propped up on the window in front of me, my head in my hands, groaning.

"Ugh, don't remind me. As if it isn't intimidating enough." I muttered.

She looked at me baffled.

"I have to say I think this is the first time I've seen you properly nervous." She calmed down a little, looking at me with a strange look in her eye.

I grimaced at her.

"I'm used to seeing you having no issues with the thought of going into a country in civil war, or breaking into god knows where and fighting god knows who!" Ally added as she frowned at me.

"This Bucky you speak of really must be something. I just can't believe it....the actual Avengers. This is all so crazy." She laughed as she was still in shock.

I hadn't even known where to begin in telling her how my life had turned and twisted these last few weeks. It was crazy. It was mad. It was incomprehensible. And yet at the same time it felt purely exhilarating.

"I don't even know why you're nervous." She begun again, not giving me time to reply.

"You're the strongest, most badass woman I know, and you're hot as hell. You command every room you go into with a presence I could only dream of. You're indestructible."

"I appreciate being hyped up Ally I really do. I don't know why I'm nervous. I think it's because I've never been on this many dates before, let alone met the guy's friends or family. This just isn't me at all." I cringed as I thought more into it.

She was right, I'd literally been stabbed, had so many hand-to-hand fights I'd lost count, had to learn several languages overnight just to keep a cover in a different country, and this is what I was worrying about.

I took a deep breath in knowing she was right. Bucky liked me, and I liked him. If it wasn't going to work out for whatever reason, then it was better to know now than later on.

If it didn't go well, I had lost nothing right?

Except the only person who's ever made me feel this way.

"So what are you going to wear?" She asked, as she looked past me to the pile of clothes on the bed.

I sighed.