Chapter 33

"Bucky!!! Come here!!" I shouted through to the bathroom, whilst sitting on the couch in our room

He immediately swung the door open and raced to my side, his blue eyes filled with alarm.

"What is it sweetheart?" He asked urgently as his eyes traced over me, kneeling at my legs.

I let out a little laugh.

"Nothing bad just...give me this." I said, grabbing his right hand and placing it onto a specific spot on my stomach, waiting.

Bucky's face looked confused, before he suddenly jumped at the same time as I felt the impact.

"Woah, was that the baby kicking?" Bucky asked excitedly as his face broke out into one of the biggest smiles I'd seen.

I nodded enthusiastically.

"I just felt my first proper kick when you were showering. I had little flutters before but nothing as definite as this." I murmured as I stroked a hand over my stomach.

I was nearly five months now, just shy a few days and my bump was now becoming a lot more obvious. Bucky reached up, pulling my face to his and kissing me deeply.

"This is....so amazing. Wow." He breathed as he also placed a light kiss onto my clothed stomach. I giggled.

"It'll probably get old fast, but I love that I can feel them now. It reassures me." I whispered as I felt a lump in my throat from joy.

Bucky nodded, littering more kisses over my stomach and down to my fingertips.

He'd slowly become more and more excited over the last nearly four weeks, now that we knew my body had mostly healed and I still hadn't miscarried. We were allowing ourselves these small moments of joy.

I was managing to keep certain things down, but the nausea hadn't stopped by any means. Wanda and Loki brewed all kinds of teas and potions to try and help me, and for the most part I could stomach my cravings and get a few hours of the day in without vomiting.

But I was still abnormally exhausted. I'd lost a lot of blood in my attack and was on iron infusions regularly, but it didn't seem to be helping.

I'd agreed to let Bruce draw some blood to analyse deeper today to see if they could spot anything else. Bruce and Tony had the tech to do this.

It took me another couple of weeks to be able to have a scan or any kind of doctors appointment. I wanted the reassurance but the medical environment and strangers prodding at me triggered flashbacks I couldn't emotionally cope with right now.

Bucky was slowly tracing circles on my knee lovingly as I locked my eyes with his.

I felt an overwhelming sense of love for this man, who had stuck by me throughout everything. Who was nothing but patient, caring and kind. Who had put his life on hold to take care of me over the last few weeks and who had been sneakily reading books on pregnancy when he thought I was napping (I'd found them under his side of the bed).