Chapter 30

[Bucky's POV]

[Bucky's POV]

I've never ran so fast in my life.

Steve and I were carrying Laurel between us, trying not to damage her anymore than she'd already been.

Bruce was hovering the Quinjet outside, the platform down and ready to board. I couldn't think straight. I couldn't stop the tears now they'd begun. I wiped them, blinking fast as we reached the jet. Bruce's expression made me panic further.

The rest of the team were behind and shouting instructions, gathering around and trying to help as we got inside.

I was running off pure adrenaline and terror at this point. I didn't even feel like I was in my own body.

I couldn't lose her.

She was carrying our child.

Or maybe she wasn't anymore.

I collapsed to the floor of the jet, as the others lay Laurel down on a stretcher and began examining her, hooking her up to an oxygen machine, whilst Clint took the pilot role.

My vision was blackening now we were in the air and the reality of what had happened had hit me. I felt my heart feel like it stopped beating.

Maybe it had.

I was so deeply connected to this woman that her pain was mine.

It was a minute before Steve wrapped an arm under mine and lifted me up. Tears prickling his own eyes.

"Come on Buck. She needs you." He said quietly as he guided me back towards the commotion.

Nat moved to the side slightly so I could take her place sitting next to Laurel, holding her hand.

She was unconscious now, her complexion an ashy colour and blood coating her beautiful skin. Her long blonde hair was soaked too, tinged with red.

I felt like I might throw up.

Bruises were blossoming on her wrists and arms. I dreaded to think of what it looked like under her clothes.

This was all my fault. If I hadn't accidentally murdered Lemar, John might've left us alone.

Now she was dying and it was because of me. A tear fell onto her hand I was clasping onto.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered through sobs.

The rest of the team faded out of my field of view, all I could see was my soul mate in front of me. I did this.

Bruce was attaching her to an IV and looking at a monitor that was now beeping slowly. Too slowly. I saw Tony's eyes glaze over in worry.

"Five minutes!" Clint shouted as he swerved the jet abruptly, speeding as fast as he could.

Nat sighed next to me and leant her own forehead down onto Laurel's, closing her eyes.