Chapter 13

My heart was racing as Sharon stepped closer, studying my face some more hesitantly, before putting her gun away and hugging me tightly

I relaxed myself too, wrapping my arms around her back. This was all so strange. I forgot about the three men standing behind us confused as hell.

"What a touching reunion." Zemo states, continuing to look around him nervously, waiting for more attacks to come from out of the shadows.

"We don't have time for these frivolities right now." He added more sternly.

I pulled away from Sharon, knowing I'd give people an explanation, but not until we were somewhere safe. I turn around to see Bucky and Sam frowning at me quizzically, as we hear more shouting in the distance.

"We need to leave now." Sharon says insistently as she grabs my hand and gestures for the others to follow.

She begins to run out the alley, taking a sharp left. She shouts back as we follow her out.

"I have a place you can lay low for a bit."

--------

I poured Bucky a glass of whiskey from Sharon's stash, before giving myself a generous splash as well. Zemo had resorted to straight vodka and Sam is wanting to keep his head clear, as is Sharon.

I needed the alcohol to settle my nerves after everything we'd been through. I collapsed onto Sharon's long sofa next to Bucky as we all took a seat, looking at each other.

I studied Sharon's face. It was so strange seeing her after all this time. She was instantly recognisable but she was definitely older than the last time I'd seen her.

She still had the same long blonde hair, not dissimilar to my own, but she was taller and more confident, even walking differently.

I smiled at her, feeling Bucky squeeze my hand, prompting a discussion that needed to happen. Sam sat forward, resting his elbows on his knees. I cleared my throat, turning to look at everyone in the room.

"Sharon and I spent a lot of time together growing up." I began, thinking back to all those happy memories years and years ago in the summertime of England.

Sharon smiled at the thought too as she nodded. I took a sip of my whiskey, continuing.

"Sharon's Aunt lived nearby. I mean, she wasn't there often, neither were my parents, but in the summer, Sharon used to come and spend some time in England. We became really close during those few weeks every year." I said fondly.

I felt Sam nod in understanding. Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"That's quite a coincidence that you've both ended up here after all these years." He muttered, now putting a hand on the small of my back as I leant forward.

Sharon nodded.

"I've been hiding out in Madripoor ever since I saved all your asses from the CIA. Remember?" Sharon said smirking.