Chapter 14

Bucky hissed as I pressed a cotton ball of antiseptic against the cut on his lip

Bucky hissed as I pressed a cotton ball of antiseptic against the cut on his lip. His metal arm curled around my legs as I stood in front of him, sitting down on the edge of the bathtub.

"Laurel, this isn't necessary it's barely a scratch." He mumbled as he caught my wrist and gripped it tightly, making me stop dabbing at his face.

I sighed.

"What, can't I just take care of you?" I said, giving him a small pout.

He studied my face a minute before pulling my wrist down and closer to him, making me lean down to his face.

"Well I can think of some other ways." He murmured hoarsely, his cool breath catching my cheeks.

I felt myself flushing with desire. Our lips found each other in a desperate and fiery manner.

He tasted like whisky still, but it was sweet in my mouth. My hands now against his face, grazing his stubble and tracing his defined cheekbones and jawline. This was heaven.

I pulled away a little and Bucky frowned.

"We need to stay focused." I whispered close to him.

He gritted his teeth, his arm moving it's way from my legs to my thigh, then slowly up to my ass, giving it a little squeeze. He looked at me playfully.

"But you make it so damn hard." He said jokingly, licking his lips and continuing to stare at mine.

"Look, I've never mixed business with pleasure before and I want it to work." I said breathily.

I could feel the lust pool between us and send a flash of heat across my face and body as his fingers gripped me.

Underneath the fluorescent light of the bathroom his eyes seemed lighter than usual and I could see amongst the steel blue they were flecks of grey and green dancing around too.

Bucky nodded reluctantly.

"It's a first for both of us." He replied, pulling me to sit on his lap now, a more innocent gesture as his arms cradled me close to him.

My heart never failed to flutter around him. This man had no idea what he did to me.

"Is it weird, me being here?" I asked, curiously, tracing his jawline with my fingers absently.

He thought about it for a second.

"You make me feel a lot calmer." Bucky said after considering the question. "Plus watching you fight all badass is hot." He smirked and I hit his shoulder lightly.

He placed a kiss on my lips this time, delicate and gentle, not allowing himself to get carried away. I sighed into it.

"It's so strange still this connection we have after only a few weeks." I wondered out loud, almost surprising myself that I was still mulling over it.