Chapter 21

"Will you seriously calm down?!" I shouted into the phone screen, as Ally had a panic attack on the other end in excitement

"Um, sorry if my best friend has become an official Avenger since I last spoke to her!" Ally retorted, the camera shaking as she jumped around her house.

She'd not quite believed it when I'd caught her up with everything. It'd be a long time coming since we'd last spoken and a lot had happened. I'd felt bad for not calling sooner, but she'd understood.

"Not only that—" She started again, looking at me in annoyance but with a grin on her face. "—but you've fricking told Bucky you love him??" Ally gasped.

"You, Laurel Fox, telling someone you love them." She shook her head in disbelief. "It took you long enough to say it to me and we're practically sisters!"

"Ally, I get it. I'm sorry for not telling you all this sooner, it's just....been a crazy time." I sighed, looking at her properly.

God I missed her.

I looked up just as Bucky walked out of the bathroom, finishing doing his hair. I'd decided that it was best to catch Ally up before drinking tonight, where I'd probably end up drunk-dialling her anyway.

"It's ok. Laurel I'm just so happy for you. When can I meet the man himself then? Not to mention the others." She said with a devious wink.

Bucky was smiling in my direction.

"You can....right now. James, come say hi." I said laughing, motioning him over.

He sat dressed in his suit and bow-tie next to me, looking like an angel. I passed the phone to him as Ally's eyes lit up and she jumped around.

"Hi...Ally. I've heard a lot about you, I'm James, but people call me Bucky." Bucky said awkwardly as he beamed at her, a twinkle in his eye when he looked back at me.

I had pre-warned him. Ally was important to me though, so I was glad she was finally seeing him for who he really was. The two most important people in my life.

"Hi...Ja-Bucky." Ally started, her mouth open in shock a little.

She quickly recollected herself.

"Sorry, this is just so weird, meeting you—and like this." Ally added laughing nervously.

Bucky reached a hand to brush through his hair.

"I know. Hopefully it'll be in person soon. Laurel's told me a lot about you, all good things." He said, smiling back at me. I rubbed his arm lovingly.

"I'm just ecstatic she's found someone Bucky. I hope you know, you might be an Avenger, but if you hurt her, I will fly over from England and kick your ass." Ally joked and Bucky laughed in return.