Chapter 45

[Bucky's POV]

[Bucky's POV]

I tried to contain the swelling rage inside me at our happiness being snatched away from us again, for the sake of everyone around me.

Laurel had looked terrified as she passed me the note. I had no clue what it meant.

By 'both' did it mean Laurel and I? Or was this something to do with our daughter?

My heart felt like lead at the thought.

"Laurel go back inside. We'll sort this." Tony ordered as Laurel planted her feet even more firmly on the spot.

Of course she wasn't going to stay out of this. But this was different now. Someone was threatening us.

"Like Hell I am Tony. This is our daughter's safety at stake. I'm not going anywhere." She retorted as her face hardened.

My blood ran cold at the sentiment.

"Tony, we need to check the CCTV. See if we recognise who came up to the house. I didn't see anyone post that note but I could've easily stepped over it earlier in my rush." I explained as Tony's brows were burrowed in thought.

I could tell he was already trying to formulate a plan but I needed to do something, and I needed to do it now. I wasn't going to wait around for my family to get hurt again. I was sick of playing the long game.

"On it. Let's go inside and I'll get Bruce to send over the footage. We're not leaving you alone here, despite the extra security. And I've got my lawyers working to get injunctions and restraining orders already. We'll fix this." He said determinedly.

These were the times when I was glad Stark and I were on civil terms again. He was a powerful person and I knew he cared about Laurel and our child.

I grimaced as I led everyone back inside, taking a final look around the perimeter at the new security personnel standing by and the extension of our fences. Tony worked fast, I'd give him that.

Ally met us in the living area after putting Annabel down for a nap. She looked worried and I could tell she wasn't used to this kind of life. I felt bad for putting her at risk too. This was supposed to be a relaxing time for Laurel. I guess we'd never have that luxury.

Ally made everyone tea and coffee as we waited for the security tapes and Tony made some more calls.

I stroked Laurel's leg that was fidgeting beside me in anxiety. She looked at me with sad eyes, putting on a brave smile, trying to reassure me as much as her it was ok.

I loved her so much, I hated the people who'd made her feel this way, who'd said those awful things about her family, no matter how true it might be.

"Got it." Tony finally said.

Nat and Steve leant forward eagerly, as Tony pulled a projection from his phone and rested it onto the table in front of us all.

I saw Ally gasp at the technology but she sat quietly on the other side of Laurel, half-watching the baby monitor at the same time.