Chapter 47

[Bucky's POV]

[Bucky's POV]

I sat upright in the chaos of the blown up Quinjet.

The smell of smoke filled my lungs and my vision was hazy. I heard shouts from Tony and Bruce in the background but it sounded far away.

My ears rang hard.

It had all happened in a blur.

One moment, we were setting off to get the fucker who was after my family, the next Steve was shouting to get out of the jet and fire was filling my field of view.

I must've been knocked out by a piece of metal off the roof hanging down, as my head was pounding and I felt dizzy. I heard Sam coughing next to me, relieved he was alive as he pushed off debris from himself.

My pulse instantly quickened as I scanned for Laurel, feeling a wave of relief wash over me, as I saw her hauling more of the wreckage off Nat and pulling her out. She was trying to cover her face from the smoke as the fires surrounding the jet got worse.

When Nat was free, Laurel looked over at me, relief equally washing over her features too and ran over. My ears were still ringing so loud I couldn't hear her properly to start with, but I saw her lips moving.

"Buck! We have to go, it's gonna blow!"

Laurel pulled on my hand as she kicked off the bent in metal blocking us from leaving the wreckage. Nat was by her side now, hanging onto Steve and Bruce as her head bled.

Wanda was unconscious in Clint's arms and Tony was shouting orders at Vision who was on the other side of the wreckage lasering off pieces to escape, whilst Bruce and Sam collected more weapons from the wreck. I could barely take in the scene.

I licked my lips and tasted the sharp metallic liquid, realising I must've split my lip as I fell.

I could barely focus my eyes to look over Laurel, but she seemed OK. She had a cut on her cheek but was leading everyone out like the true hero she was.

With Vision's help from outside we managed to clamber out. I held Laurel's hand tighter as I realised once again we'd cheated death together...for now.

Suddenly Laurel's words about everything being a trap came back to me, and I remembered what we were supposed to be doing.

"Annabel." I muttered and Laurel looked at me pained, as we all began running back into the hangar that was also filled with smoke.

Out of nowhere, Thor reappeared, his axe weilded and ready to be used, his eyes glowing.

"Thank the Gods you're ok. We heard an explosion what happened?" Thor boomed as we reached him.

Vision took Wanda from Clint as she slowly came to. I scanned around outside to see if I could see what caused the explosion. But there was no sign of anyone.