Chapter 25

I looked up at the sudden bang of the door flying off it's hinges, as Steve and Sam burst through the apartment entrance

Steve obviously had wanted to waste no time in attempting to open it like a normal human being. It had barely taken them any time to get here at all.

I finally unwrapped myself and looked up at them with watering eyes, as Bucky and Loki continued to rip into each other. I could see blood running from Loki's nose now and Bucky had a split lip.

It was all happening so fast, loud and terrifying, and I couldn't will myself to get in the way to break it up. I felt useless.

Sam ran over to me, helping me get up to my feet, as his eyes scanned my body for injuries. I clung onto his arm, as he pulled me further away from the fight.

Steve was in between Loki and Bucky now, pushing against both of them with his supersoldier strength and holding them apart.

Bucky's nostrils flared, and there was a look of death in his eyes. I didn't recognise him, and in that moment that made me terrified.

Loki was snarling, his teeth showing as he got rid of the daggers by his side, spitting out blood onto the hardwood floor. Steve gripped Bucky's arm, willing him to look at him.

"Buck, STOP, look at her!" Steve all but shouted, as I felt Bucky's eyes finally land on me, cowering behind Sam's arms a little.

The fight had sobered me up quite a lot now, and I felt sick to my stomach.

Sam stood in front of me protectively. Bucky's eyes filled with sadness and a warmth came back into them as he looked down at his fists in disbelief over what he'd just done. Even Loki, too, looked like there was a hint of regret on his face, as he stole a glance towards me.

Steve's grip didn't leave Bucky's arm, as he blocked Loki from him.

"Bucky, you're frightening her. Please." Steve muttered, but I heard him.

Bucky's face contorted in pain as he dropped to his knees, not realising the side of himself that he'd just shown to me, the very side he was trying to prove he no longer had within him.

I took short inhales as I tried to catch my breath. Half of me wanting to run over to him, to patch up his wounds and hold him tight, telling him how much I missed him, the other half of me confirmed that this was the same soldier from the photo in my parents' file.

Bucky looked up at me again from the floor, as he caught his own breath, wiping away the blood trickling down his chin now.

Steve sighed as he released his block on Loki.

"I think you should go Loki." Steve mumbled, as he gave him a sharp glare.

Loki looked over his shoulder at me, his eyes apologetic. It wasn't a look I was used to seeing.