Chapter 109: Wanna Go For A Ride?

November 1990

Slash's POV

I've been trying to call Mani for the past several weeks, but she hasn't been answering her phone. I think she answered once and when I tried to talk, she hung up on me. I'm worried about her. Tamara came looking for me and threatened that if I saw Mani, I better tell her or else. And that was after her bodyguard threw me against the wall with one arm around my neck then stepped on my top hat right after.

Fucking asshole.

Anyway, that leads to where I am right now. Camped outside of her home down the street with Duff drinking his Vodka in the passenger seat yapping away nonstop.

"Dude, she's probably still pissed at us. Maybe that's why she doesn't wanna talk or answer your calls."

"Maybe, but this is serious. For Tamara to come after me it means something happened and I need to know what."

"Can't believe that guy beat the shit outta you." He drinks from the bottle.

"Right?" I snorted. "Baba came outta nowhere and just grabbed my neck and threw me like a rag doll against the wall."

"Fuck man... wait you managed to get his name while he was kicking the shit outta you?"

"Fuck no!" I bit into a sandwich. "I just assumed that was his name because he was a big black guy."

Duff bursts out laughing hysterically. However, at the time I thought I was about to piss blood and probably need to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

"Fuck this shit, let me try buzzing again," I say throwing my sandwich in the back seat. I got out of the car making my way towards the gate. "Mani!" I pressed the buzzer calling her name out. "Mani, open up it's Slash!" I waited some time, but she didn't buzz me in. "Can I even climb over this shit?" I mutter to myself, looking up at the gate. "Fuck no!" I walked back over to the buzzer pressing it again and again. "Mani!" I shouted on the intercom.

I cursed under my breath then made my way back to the car.

"Dude you might have to call her mom or put out one of those posters of people who go missing... or, or-