The End to Nothing

"There is no alternative way that this can end without bloodshed. I just hope that we do not shed too much that it would be enough to fill an entire lake, maybe even a sea."
-Governor-Development Director Zarent Eytnar
---------------------------
Hope you guys enjoy this rewrite, cuz it took me 2 fucking months and half of my sanity.
If you wish to, you could play the music I put up while reading this chapter, which I highly recommend.
---------------------------
Atrios Star System
World: Artheit
March 31, 2260

Do not mistake knowledge for power.
Such advice is true in the face of the stars and of space.

In a Galaxy where humanity was forced to deal with both themselves, the dangers of traversing the stars, and anomalies ranging from an infinite cake replicator to a sentient asteroid field, they were forced to adapt to the volatile and unpredictable nature of the Universe, lest they wished to grow stagnant and weak, and eventually collapse under the weight of their own hubris and indolence.

It has been half a year ever since their intervention at Trost, and many developments have occurred following their hasty overthrowing of the old corrupt puppet monarchy and the installation of a UN-mandated provisional government.

But now, what awaits them is a world filled with a multitude of other nations and races, that they must now assume lordship over in order to prevent the occurrence of more unneeded atrocities, rivalries, and genocides.

For Artheit, between the Eldians and the rest of the other races, the concept of coexistence was nonexistent.

Because how could you live with a race of people capable of turning into monstrous giants that consumed humans?
And how could you live with the other races that feared and despised what you could turn into?
All it took was single dose of spinal fluid, then all hell would break loose.

As such, the only option, and result...?

A centuries-long war with the goal of completely annihilating each other.

But the United Nations of Earth... was different.

Following 2 centuries of uninterrupted peace and the greater power that had been placed in the hands of the United Nations following the end of humanity's second most devastating war, it led the way for the prosperous unification of Earth between its constituent nations, and an earlier start to traverse the stars and what else laid beyond the abyss of space.

It took humanity 2 planetary wars, one interstellar civil war, and billions of lives sacrificed to dismantle the old vestiges of division and hatred and disavow their old supremacist sentiments to realize their greater ambitions as a united humanity

And now stood an empowered United Nations Stellar Alliance, that had just lived through one of the worst eras of its existence, as the sentiments to fully unite humanity grew so powerful that those wishing to maintain the status quo, and those wishing to liberate the Terran diaspora tore their union apart.

But while the United Nations was the one left triumphant, they would inherit a populace that had become discontent and disillusioned with their authority due to their refusal to realize and make way for humanity's true and full unification, from dozens of states to one united and ready.

The original purpose of the Settlement War was forcefully forgotten, but one cannot stop the inevitable for long until the chains break, and a second attempt may be made to truly unify the human race under the banner and borders of one whole nation, either through peaceful means, or by force of arms, for a second time. 

But the thing with Trost was that it has only hastened that process, as the rest of humanity saw in Artheit, an immature and old version of themselves on the exact same planet, only a little bit different, that enraged them.