Here Be Giants

"They will find nothing here but strewn remnants of these abominations."
-Grand Admiral Albert Ziegler
------------------
(A/N) It should be noted that the DiTF/Pacific Rim arc has been replaced, with the Nreth and the Ztaralak lore stuff being vastly different from giant robots fighting giant monsters.
It will be included in the standard arc, but it will still be a while before I'll eventually get back, since my plan is to go a few chapters, then have the Ztaralak return by then.
------------------ 
May 4, 2269
Today marks a new day for the Stellar Allied Treaty Organization and its members, as great discoveries have been made, great battles have been won, and their dilemmas gradually being solved by the ingenuity of great minds.

The Varus Campaigns have been executed to destroy what eldritch creatures the Federation has encountered within neighboring systems, such as the Aether Drake, the Ether Drake, the Solar Devourer, the Extradimensional Horror, and the Scravager Bot.
Scientific agencies and departments have been given approval to analyze and research whatever remained of these interstellar giants after they had been successfully neutralized.
For each campaign against these stellar titans, 3 Aureus Task Forces and an entire battlegroup was assigned to use their superior range and engage them. All Aureus Dreadnoughts would use their superlasers to deal as much damage as possible before close engagement could occur.
Fleet Command has already finished their battleplans, with considerations in specialization for each different giant.
And so, on the 1st of January, Year 2269, Operations Aetherake, Salvager, Solaris, and Eldauri were executed...

And all of them achieved major success. All spaceborne giants were annihilated with the utmost precision and efficiency, with no casualties being taken as a result of the new emergency warpdrive upgrades.
The following weeks were followed by celebrations not only from Terran citizens, but with multiple commendations from their allies, all of which supported the Varus Campaigns.
Still, there have been some protests about the total extermination of these giants among their neighbors as well, though some justification has been made to avoid a loss of support for the Federation.
Eventually, the scientific agencies and departments were given approval to access whatever remained of the spaceborne titans and research them.

The Federation has also gained more political power within the Stellar Allied Treaty Organization, though it seems that they have voluntary given up this influence in favor of allowing true equality within the Ruling Council.
Though many have applauded the Federation for their roles and contributions in cooperative research agreements, anomalous regulations, and economic trade deals that have greatly empowered their own allies in return.
They have continued the construction of their own wonders, the never-ending improvements ongoing within their army such as the rollout of Altarus Bombers and Oriacator Fighters, though it seemed that the entire retraining of their military was unfortunately cancelled due to increasing budget costs and a dissatisfaction growing between elite and special forces against basic infantry forces over potential rivalry and the gap between their skills lessening. 
Their navy has also finally been able to attain more than 10,000 battleships, with plans to order 10,000 more already expected by the shipbuilding companies.
There have also been slight and significant changes within the aesthetics and visual designs of Terran ships, with Fleet Command wishing to differentiate different ship classes by both unique appearance and size. This has caused new major redesigns which have immediately been implemented in both existing and future designs.
(Images are not mine, and please ignore the text anyway)