Vive la Fédération

"A 10th birthday celebration for an entire nation, and a catastrophe waiting to happen. Take your pick, see what sticks, and hope the powderkeg isn't lit."
-High Chancellor William Harthal
---------------------
April 28th, 2272
This day marks a new dawn for Terra!
It has only been a decade since the United Nations Space Alliance of humanity was dissolved, and the United Terran Federation proclaimed, but within these 10 years, they have grown to possess a massive interstellar empire encompassing a territory of hundreds of systems, a population consisting of hundreds of billions of xenos, an economy worth quintillions of dollars, and armies and navies unstoppable, superior, and overwhelming.

Has it truly been 10 years?
Yes, yes it has.

But when our constitution was written, the former Secretary-General was elected until a new election could be formally held by our people, with the ten-year limit for his temporary term now ending.
However, with the inevitable fact that the Vanassian Collective of Nations, the Julymian Cadetente, the Xuran Sovereignty, the Fazuht Pact, the Zavrahn Union, the Novirskan League, and the Skathan Ratterepublik to be holding a referendum soon on whether their nations be prosperously unified with the Federation, the election was temporarily postponed
Already, the Terran-Representative parties within these interstellar nations have reached over 70% popularity and support within most of their population, with further pressure mounting for their governments to call for a referendum and unify with the United Terran Federation.
The Terran Federal Council has finally released a statement regarding over the existence of the parties and their sentiments to unify within the Federation, stating that should a referendum be held over their unification, at least 95% of the population must be pro-unification for the Federation to formally integrate their allies and respect the wishes of those who wish to remain independent.
The governments of the former puppets have agreed to hold a referendum by the end of the year and begin preparations should they be integrated into the Federation.
The Federal Council has released massive documents and given access to dozens of approved websites on their public ISW (Interstellar Web) to let the citizens of the Cadetente, the Sovereignty, the Pact, the Union, the League, and the Ratterepublik recognize what they were getting themselves into by joining the Federation. Things such as Terran laws, the constitution, the economy, the consideration of artificials as sentients within the nation, the calendar, the general authoritarian, militarist, and materialist views of the current population, how the government worked, how easy it is to vote and have a referendum, current digital policies and regulations on the internet, and essentially everything that one would need to do since they were becoming citizens of the Federation.
The Ruling Council has allowed the Federation run a moderate propaganda campaign to support the pro-unification parties, and accept the high possibility that the former puppets could become part of the Federation.

Meanwhile however, many developments and events have also taken place within the Stellar Allied Treaty Organization, the United Terran Federation, and current ongoing tensions and wars within their region of space.

It has now grown clear that the Terran flag has not satisfactorily fulfilled the symbol of Terran unity and nationalism.