In the Name of the Federation

"Terra must be purged of its perversion and corruption if it is to survive. And I... will be the one to see this degeneracy destroyed."

-High Chancellor William Harthal

---------------------------
Holy crap this is one of the longest chapters I have ever made.
So far at least.
I am not kidding when I say this is +40k words (though a portion of it is some wholesome smut I indulged in because =p)

Anyway. I hope you guys enjoy this. It has been a long, hard few months writing this since school has hit me hard, but I hope that you will be able to thoroughly read this (except of course those who don't want to get horny when they get to the smut parts lol)

But in all honesty, is the smut for this story... bad? Like bad smut writing or the kind of bad where it should be separate from the main chapters?
---------------------------
Time: July 29, 2266 10:43 PM Terran IST

When it comes to survival, nothing is contemptible
When it comes to war, everything is permissible.

Humanity can bury it all it wants under layers of polish, beneath conventions and treaties for war, and below its beliefs and standards of civility, but those primal instincts exist for a reason.

Though over time, those instincts may have faded into obscurity and unimportance as humanity rose to the top of the food chain, and found itself with an abundance of wealth and resources, a time would eventually come when we would have to rely upon those instincts once more...

And that time, was now...

As it faces a new enemy it scantly knows of, the United Terran Federation has entered a war of unprecedented scale likely to dwarf even the Settlement Civil War as it rages on.

Before the first armadas already began arriving within the ten that were invaded, it had already been weeks when the Federation began a partial mobilization of its forces, economy and industry, following the warnings of the Precursor, an all-powerful ethereal and transcendent entity, that had seemingly found the Federation in its favor.

Yet despite all of these preparations, none could truly predict, or understand the coming crisis that was about to unfold, and when Sol found itself sheltering another human homeworld, another Earth, and armadas of thousands of ships amassed and invaded ten Terran systems, the true threat, had finally revealed itself.

The Battles of Indaqha, Zanadis, Etnesar, Leth'Nagila, Adnaheim, Vantrif, Dareyan, Qianzhou, Cheonhan, and Atrios, would mark the beginning of the United Terran Federation's war against a new enemy.

Against a new enemy, that it has now come to know, as VIRM–a hostile, ravenous hivemind that existed only to consume, that existed only, to feed.

As thousands of ships crashed upon one another, dueling and exchanging destructive weapons fire of unprecedented proportions, humanity would earn the first of its many victories against the swarm, in a staggering, but fierce battle.

Of the 42 battlegroups and 13 Aureus Task Forces that fought in defense of these systems, all of them had taken considerable damage, while 6 had their number of combat-capable ships reduced to less than half of their full strength, and 3 were almost totally depleted, while another 4 Task Forces had been absolutely mauled,

Though these fleets were able to accomplish their main objectives, successfully defending the Federation's territory, and preventing any planetary invasion from taking place, the unprecedented scale, and sudden nature, and extreme ferocity of such an attack, has nevertheless galvanized the entirety of the Federation, despite the fact that only a few ships had actually been destroyed, with most of the vessels it lost, successfully having activated their emergency warpdrive systems, and jumping to neighboring systems to retreat and escape, preventing their destruction.