The Precursor

"They do not remember me as Zagrev anymore. Only as the Precursor. But that is the thing, isn't it? The Precursor to what exactly?
-The Precursor
------------------
Zagrev is not who he says he is.
His goals are not what he says they are.
And his past is not what he says it is.

The truth is often distorted either for benefit, or the opposite.
The same can be said for the Precursor, or as the Federation knows him, "Zagrev".
But not anymore
His will is what is followed, and he willed it so that humanity nor anyone who had ever heard of him only remember him as the "Precursor"
...

The Entellers were a race that had spanned the entire galaxy trillions of years ago, whose technologies spanned trillions of years against any of what even a fallen empire could offer.
But they knew that their time would soon end, as their decline and stagnation was undeniable. The younger races of the galaxy would eventually become the dominant civilizations, empires, and nations, and they knew this, and even approved of it.

Unfortunately, the Unbidden came, and along with their fleets, horror and despair followed as they laid waste to the Galaxy.
So then came a coalition of all races who united against the interdimensional invaders, even including the human race, but not the one we know today.

In the end, the Galaxy was beyond ruin, but the Entellers had unlocked the dark secrets of what they called "Sheyurim Veran".
Or in human tongue, "Reality Bending"

They sacrificed themselves, and placed their faith in a human who they foresaw as the one who would eventually lead the Galaxy to greatness.
This human, who they revered as the "Precursor" lost his memories in the process of his transformation, but in the process, gained reality bending powers unlike anything imagined.
But of course, this fragile deal would not last.

He betrayed them in the hopes of advancing the human race farther than the Entellers, and he was successful in doing so, wiping out their race and defeating the Unbidden with the help of the Greater Erazian Empire, the first human interstellar civilization.
However, the Entellers had managed to trap him in an unknown prison, hoping to wipe out his reality bending powers but only managing to weaken them, yet still forcing him to watch for trillions of years to see the Galaxy repeatedly fall, as with the human race, but as time passed, so did the seal, and his powers were strengthened once more, and gave him limited chances to influence the Galaxy.

For trillions of years, he kept the balance of power within the universe in check, yet the damage was already done, and countless civilizations fell to a constant cycle of rising and falling until he finally decided to fully intervene, and bring life to the galaxy as well.
With his predictions of the Unbidden returning within a few centuries, he now relies on the United Terran Federation to ensure that within the future, the Galaxy will never experience another era of darkness.

He has made humanity believe that the Unbidden's darkest scars left on the Galaxy, which humanity has called to naming "Anomalies" were the result of a multiversal war between a malevolent entity in order to ensure that the greater horrors and truths would not be the result of their own destruction.

With the ability to easily bend reality to his will, he gave himself unstoppable abilities and powers, such as immortality, indestructibility, time manipulation, an immunity to any disease or scourge, and whatever imaginable skill limited only by imagination.

Because of this, he himself tampered with his memories aggressively, even put power limitations on himself, and created artificial allies to ensure that his facade would be kept a secret, until they returned some months when the United Terran Federation was proclaimed, and he deemed them worthy of being in his true presence.

It also seemed that he had done some extremely peculiar things when he erased his memory, which upset him, as it seems that he strayed from his path of his beliefs and core goals, along with making up a mundane excuse such as the Red War.
And so he reverted anything he had said about the Universe, and cast it that the Federation, and all records of him being a master of the Universe, to instead be the master of the Galaxy.

Though the Universal Instability causing constant anomalies and concept of the multiverse were actually real, but something that he left alone.

His humanity has caused him to hold deep sympathies for the human race, as he wept within the countless times that every time the human race would resurge, they would still eventually fall.
Until he figured out why the human race kept failing.

They would always end up divided and xenophobic, something that would somehow always manifest through every cycle of humanity that ever came.
And so, the manifesto of Terranism was released after the outbreak of the Great War, and it was a simple action that would change the course of humanity for greater means...
Because of his indirect intervention, they have finally taken to the stars and sail with fallen empires and alien civilizations.

And this time, they will grow to become the greatest power the galaxy has ever seen, and this time, they will be prepared for the second trial, for the second crisis.