Chapter 43: Kiss the Girl

Jung Kook's fist was tightened all the while seeing Alejandro Collins kissing Minji's hands.

"That puts Mr. Collins and Ms. Minji on the highest bid." Everybody clapped their hands and Ms Kim Ara shook Alejandro Collins' hands a lot of times at the verge of tears for the huge donation that her foundation will be receiving. Alejandro smiled and led Minji back to her table while his hands are on her lower back.

"Bellisima, I'll meet you at the lakeside...if we win" Minji was twitching her head. "S..sir...Are y--you sure?"

"As sure as the 50K that I just gave." He laughed at her but Minji is still in shock. She was biting her lower lip while her head was lowered. She nodded eventually as a confirmation to their date. She sat down and when she thought that Alejandro will leave their table, he removed his grey suit and place it around her.

"It's getting cold." Everyone had their mouths opened and Minji's friends were all kicking each other's foot under the table. They were all smiling and Alejandro smiled back before he went back to their table and Mr Chen stood to say his proper thanks to the potential investor.

Jung Kook noticed that Alejandro Collins is looking at Minji while smiling and right there he was about to stand to wipe the which seems to him is a smug look.

"Don't you dare make a scene." Hana warned him. Chul texted him apologizing for what happened but
he did not bother replying. Jung Kook's lips are pursed, his breathing hitched and fingernail marks are almost tattooed on his skin from clenching his fist way too much.

Minji's head had been lowered after she was auctioned. Her phone's blowing off from text notifications and Serra kept blabbering how Alejandro Collins is a fine man. Minji stole glances at her bidder and she has to agree; his jawline is chiseled and his hazel almond-shaped eyes are intriguing. There's something his eyes that made Minji stare. They are deep-looking and intense. She immediately felt a burn when Alejandro looked her way and smiled at her. She shook her head to snap back into realization as she was almost in his presence. Jung Kook on the other hand is now fuming witnessing how the two exchanged looks.

The program went on and Minji tried her best not to look at Alejandro Collins again. She can feel Jung Kook staring at her but then thought that maybe she is just imagining things. She turned her head and instantly met his dark stare which made her grab the grey suit closer to her skin.

"I need to smoke." Jung Kook stood and went outside.

"...that places Mr. Alejandro Collins and Ms. Lee Minji on top. The lakeside will be ready in a few after the Christmas Dance...which is about...now!" the emcee announced and lights suddenly dimmed. Soft music started playing and people are slowly moving to the dance floor.

Jung Kook was on his second cigarette stick sucking hard on the filter in an attempt to blow his steam off. He almost punched the wall remembering the soft gazes that Minji gave to Alejandro Collins.

"She used to look at me like that." He told himself while looking at the smoke he had created.

He went to the men's room to wash his hands real quick before he went back to the main hall. People started dancing to the slow music and he saw Jimin and Hana swaying at the corner. Jennifer and Namjoon are nowhere to be found, however, it is not hard to guess that Namjoon might have booked a room for him and her fiancee after his proposal. Jung Kook was left on the table which is fine by him as he is not in the mood for a dance.

He was just watching how the employees dance, some are couple close together while some are friends. It's like prom and he should be at least happy, but he isn't. He caught Chul and Minji dancing, however, unlike the couples on the floor, Minji was stepping on Chul's feet which she seemed to have done in purpose. Chul pulled her hair and they both laughed.