Chapter 61: Flashback

Jung Kook loves the pregnant Minji way too much.

He would pat her belly before and after work, talking to it, kissing it and telling how much he loves the twins. Minji will throw him the brightest smile and her pregnant charms will make Jung Kook head over heels in love with her. He loves watching his pregnant wife do simple chores and when she would stretch, he's going to grab whatever Minji is holding and finish the task himself, afraid that their babies would get hurt. Her growing belly makes him want to carry her and shower her with kisses. He's been reading a lot about maternity do's and dont's and reminds Minji about her pre-natal vitamins. He's very keen about Minji's situation and he has been Martha's headache because he would always ask her to re-clean and re-sanitize. Minji cannot get down the stairs without Jung Kook around supporting her.

"Babe, I got this. I'll be fine." She told him once.. But her husband is not taking chances.

One time, they did groceries together with Chul and Aiden and while he scans each product to know how healthy it is, Minji will put everything she wants and he will scold her.

"But I haven't any chips for a months now...please?" His wife pleaded. "Aiden said it's fine.. "

Chul pulled her hair gently. "You leave my boyfriend out of your food cravings." Aiden then hugged him.

"You're still in early pregnancy so it's fine..as long as sodium not too high and everything's in moderation." Aiden clarified.

"Babe..." Jung Kook held her hand to kiss it. "I read somewhere that babies tend to develop liking fatty foods if the mother eats junk food.. "

"Oh, he did his research. Cute." Aiden complimented while Chul was getting pasta and tomato sauce. "That study is still unsupported but we have received cases..."

"We can"t have the kids always on Mcdonald's." Minji laughed.

"Bye, Mr. Pringles" And she put it back on the aisle.

The four of them went to eat lunch in a nearby bistro. Chul was teasing Minji as he slowly eat a stuffed pepperoni pizza in front of her and Minji watched as Chul rolled the string cheese using his tongue.

"I hope you choke." Minji irked. The couple ordered pizza while Jung Kook ordered Turkey sandwich and ceasar salad for both of them. While she appreciates that her husband is also eating healthy so she won't feel left out, she's missing the things she can eat before she was pregnant.

"Luv, I have scheduled you for an ultrasound in three weeks." Aiden reminded. It was really awkward between Jung Kook and Aiden the first time they were introduced to each other, but after some time, Jung Kook felt more comfortable and at ease observing how Aiden treats Minji more than a patient. Chul also seems to be more vibrant with Aiden, before, Chul is always cool and would always talk about having a good time but with Aiden, he's become more mature, he's learning how to cook, he's become more organized and he's asking Jung Kook about business.

"Uhmmm... is everything okay?" Jung Kook asked. They just had a check-up with Aiden when she was prescribed with a different brand of vitamins.

"Yes. She will be on her 20 weeks soon which means...you know..check progress." Jung Kook felt disheartened already to what Aiden means. When Minji hit 14 weeks, it was revealed that the healthy fetus is a boy but his twin's organs are still underdeveloped. Aiden and Jung Kook already tried talking to her as keeping the healthy one might lead to complications and even warned Minji that if the baby dies inside, their boy might be infected. She was about to say yes but when she heard the baby's heartbeat clearly in comparison to their previous check-ups, she disagreed, confident that their child will survive.