Physics + Fun

Saturday morning – Erin wakes up early. She smiles to herself. She fixes her bed eats breakfast with her parents, takes a shower, dresses up in a cute top and shorts, readies her notes and her books and heads on over to Grayson’s. Just as she was about to knock on the door, Grayson opens it for her.

Erin looks at the boy in front of him. He is already well groomed. His hair is still wet. He’s wearing fresh clothes and a big smile on his face.

“Good morning!” Grayson greets the surprised girl at their door.

“Hi. Good morning,” she returns the greeting with a pleasant smile.

“Come in. Did you already eat breakfast? I have some cereal if you want— Oh, Mom made some French toast. Let’s have some while we study,” Grayson excitedly tells his former best friend.

“That would be great,” Erin smiles then she greets the Blancos at the breakfast table. “Hi tito, hi tita.”

“Hi Erin,” they greet back. 

“You kids study hard okay,” Mr.Blanco encourages.

Everything seems different today. For one, they both smiled at each other at the door and continue to do so as they study. They now also sit on the floor instead of just sitting on the sofa the entire time. They eat snacks together and most importantly they are having fun— which seems rather unlikely because Calculus and Physics don’t usually go well with “fun” but this is exactly what Grayson and Erin are doing.