As the Sun Sets...

Now walking down the street in their village, Grayson breaks the silence.

“Really? I mean, what really happened?” Grayson insists on an answer.

Erin laughs and shares to him what happened early in the morning inside the faculty room.

“Ah, so that’s why,” Grayson finally gets some clarification.

“I heard they have a fridge there,” he adds.

“They do— and a microwave, a coffeemaker and sofas,” she adds.

“Wow,” he says, clearly impressed.

“Erin?” Grayson says her name tenderly.

“Hm?” she acknowledges but continues on walking.

“Thank you,” he says.

“You’re welcome,” she answers.

“and— I am so sorry,” he continues.

Erin stops in her tracks, so does he.

“I’m so sorry for kissing you. I—” Grayson continues but is interrupted.

“You know what Grayson, you’re stupid.” She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and turns to face him.

“Don’t you ever— say sorry for kissing me.” Erin’s eyes glisten, they’re sad. She’s angry. Tears start rolling down her cheeks. She turns to run away, but she is stopped by Grayson who has caught her wrist.

His hands now wrap around her waist from behind. He leans his forehead against the back of her head, Erin gasps. Tears continue to stream down her cheeks.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say ‘I’m sorry.’ I mean, I’m not sorry for kissing you. I just don’t want to lose you. I wanted to kiss you then, I want to kiss you now, tomorrow and forever,” Grayson’s voice makes Erin’s heart beat fast.

“So why don’t you?” Erin’s soft voice is no longer angry, but longing.

Grayson turns Erin around by her waist. They now see each other’s face, hair and eyes reflecting the soft orange glow. They stare in each other’s eyes for a moment and forever, and they kiss as the sun sets.