Present 4: Let me stay with you

THOMAS’ POV

I open my eyes every morning hoping you’ll be lying next to me. I rise up in my bed looking in every corner of my room looking for something you might have left behind. I look into my phone hoping I’ll receive a call or a text from you. I go out hoping we’ll cross paths. Yet you’re not there. Yet not a single thing of yours is to be found. Yet only messages from before is there. Yet I can’t see even a glimpse of you. Yet the next day we’ll be like yesterday again. How long? How long will I wake up each and every morning waiting for an insinuation of your existence? How long until you come back to me?

Thomas laid down a bouquet of blue roses in front of the tree.

You said you like blue roses because it reminds you of yourself and you didn’t tell me why. However, I learned that blue rose symbolizes the impossible, or being unattainable. Does this mean that you are someone that is hardly within my grasps? Something I won’t have no matter what I do?

MIKA: Daks. *sobs* Miss na miss ka na namin. *sobs* Sorry. Sorry kung ngayon lang. Di kasi namin kaya noon.

“Miss na miss” would be an understatement. God knows how badly we, I need you. I tried so hard to be strong. To accept this entire thing but until now I can’t even put your name along with the word gone. There’s still hope in me that I’m only dreaming right now. Dreaming of losing you so that when I wake up I will be someone you can’t rid of by your side. Someone who won’t leave you ever again.

Kim slumped onto the ground while crying. There’s a deafening silence among the three of them until Thomas walked away and went inside his car. Mika followed Thomas.

MIKA: (knocks on the window) Thomas (wiping her tears)

THOMAS: (opens the window) Sorry Miks. I’ll just stay here. I just can’t bear this whole thing. We doing this dalaw thing just fuck all of me.

MIKA: (hold Thomas shoulder) Thom

THOMAS: No Miks. Will she return if we do this? Will she hear everything we are going to say in front of that tree where only her memories remain? No! Just fuckin hell no.

MIKA: Easy Thom (tears falls in her eyes)

THOMAS: (sighs) I’m sorry Miks. Stress just keeps filing up. You know work and all. I think I just need a breather. I’ll just stay here for a while.

MIKA: Okay. (smiles) Tulog ka muna. Dun lang muna kami.

THOMAS: Yeah. Sorry again Miks

MIKA: Wala yun. Ano ka ba. Sige.

If only this is about work, then I would be damn happy. (leans on his chair and closes his eyes)

Thomas dreamt of what happened during Ara’s accident

THOMAS: Shit. Where are they?

A lot of injured body keeps passing by Thomas and Jeron.

JERON: Bro relax. Let’s just ask someone here. There! (pointing to the Lady Spikers)