THAT ONE MEMORY

(I don't own this song) 

It was awfully quiet today. The weather was gloomy and black angry clouds covered the blue sky. 

The little blonde girl was in a hurry for her home. She called her mother 10 times but she is just not answering. It got her worried. She can't forget what was today, can she?

Arine shook the thought away. Maybe she's just sick, just like she's been for past few years. Always drinking and crying. Arine never had the heart to go inside her mother's room because the thought of her red puffy eyes filled with tears just break her little heart. 

Arine ran, ignoring the few people that were out today on an unusually rainy day. She quickly entered her apartment building. There were barely any people.

She decided on taking the stairs rather than the elevator. She continued calling her mother, but she never answered. 

Arine was shaking from fear of what was happening in her locked house. She was out of breath but didn't stopped running. She ran until she reached her home. She smiled. 

'Mum's okay.' 

She knocked and waited for her to open the door. But, it was open. Arine was confused at first, but slowly entered the apartment. It was messy. Liquor bottles everywhere. Some were broken, some were fallen. But, none of them was full. 

Arine quickly rushed and reached her mother's bedroom. She smiled. She knocked. No-one answered.

That's weird. 

She knocked again, and again, and again. Her anxiety was growing, her fear was overtaking. 

Loud thundering rang in the silent apartment. Arine shrieked and covered her ears. Lights were closed and she didn't bother to on them. Arine kept knocking until she realized. 

This door was open too.

She carefully opened the door and entered. It was dark. Not even a single light was on and she can barely see anything. Arine was scared. She slowly moved further. Thunder thunder rang again and this time, with lightning. 

Arine was frozen. 

Her large violet eyes were popping out of their sockets red and puffed from crying, and her mouth was wide open. Her body hung lifelessly and rotated when wind was strong. 

'No.'

Arine wanted to puke. But she was just frozen. She can't move. She can't do anything. She can just stare, with wide eyes at her mother's hung up body. 

And what happened next was just blur. She never noticed when her neighbor entered their apartment. She never noticed when they freaked out and called police. She never noticed when police came. 

She just stood there, planted in her position. 

She saw as those men took her mother's dead body and place it on stretcher. She came back to her senses. 

Her eyes filled with tears. 

"You killed her Arine."

"No!" 

Arine quickly ran towards her side and held her cold hand. People there tried to get her away from the body, but she didn't bulged. Arine squeezed her eyes shut.

'It just a dream, none of this is real.' 

Tears were running endlessly down her rosy cheeks as she held onto the body with a death grip. 

'She's going to wake up and hug me and kiss my tears away.'

Police had trouble removing her. She saw her neighbor look at her with pitiful look and shook her head. Arine didn't believed it. 

"No! She's alive. I know it!" 

She tried to convince others, herself. But, she knew it wasn't the truth. Gently they removed her and began walking away with the stretcher. Rain was pouring heavy, multiple people were running in her house. 

Arine held onto her hand and never let go. 

'Don't leave me mum' 

"It was all because of you."

'Don't leave me in this selfish world!'

"If only you were never born, she would've been alive."

'No! Mum come back! I need you...'

"It's too late Arine. It's too late." 

I saw him smiling devilishly at me.