IT BEGINS

Talking with her mother was something she has missed all these years. When she was young, they would sit for hours and talk, well, anything. She and her mom always get along well. 

After her little talk with her mom, Arine was relieved. The questions she had asked were always a mystery to her which she wanted to solve. She was raised by a single parent. It was never easy. There was only one to earn and two to feed. She and her mother faced a lot of difficulties through their lifestyle. 

Raven always tried her best to give her daughter a normal life. Well, as normal as she can be. Yes, she may go through some rough times to earn extra money but it was worth seeing a smile on her angel's face. Although her past was the biggest challenge for her. She knew one day or other, the child will ask for her father. 

Then? What will she do? When Arine was a baby, those questions can always she dodged. But as she grew, it became more difficult for Raven to ignore them...

*Flashback*

Today was a really beautiful day. Sunny yet windy. Many people were enjoying the sun with a small picnic plan with their families. Raven and Arine were too, enjoying their bonding time, laughing and talking. 

After a while of laughing Arine spoke, "Hey mom, can I ask you something?" 

"Yes sweetheart, what is it?" Raven said. 

"Um... You see I went to my friend's place a few days ago. She introduced me to her family. Her mom, dad, and her younger sister. It was really fun meeting them, and her Dad was super funny, and- and it was like having a good time with family. I really enjoyed it. It was different and-" 

"Ari, what is it?" Raven cut off her daughter's rambling. Arine sighed and came straight to the point. 

"Mom, who is my Dad?" 

*Flashback End* 

At that moment, Raven knew she can't ignore Arine's curiosity anymore. She decided to tell her about Gar, but she decided not to tell her about her superhero life. 

After that, things were never the same. Raven somehow blamed herself for keeping this from her daughter for a long time. 

But, now. Now, it was, as if, a great weight was lifted from her heart. Knowing that her angel is happy with her father and that Gar loves her more than anything. She was relieved.  

Now, she just wants to end this fight with Trigon and let Arine live a happy life, without any problems or past insecurities. A life full of parent's love. Family's love. She wants her daughter to live. Live the way she never got a chance to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Rae what do you think we should do?" 

Gar and Raven were in Gar's room. They were both sitting on his bed, cuddling. He really missed doing this with her. And he was glad he got another chance to do it again. 

They both decided to discuss the upcoming storm. No one knew Trigon better than Raven. When Arine was born, Raven knew that someday Trigon will try to get to her. Now was the time to get her plan in action. 

"Gar, do you know what happened on my birthday?" Raven asked. 
"Of course I do, after all, I was the one who planned it!" Gar said praising himself. Raven hit him in his chest lightly.

"Not the party doofus. I am talking about my prophecy." Gar's face formed an 'o' and nodded. 

"Trigon took Slade's help in return for his flesh. But, Trigon betrayed him. After that when he left, I thought he won't get manipulated again but this is Trigon we are talking about. I think he somehow convinced Slade to work for him in return for something. 
"Now we all know Slade is not dumb. What I think is that Slade will betray Trigon and is only acting to work with him. And that's where their strategy break. We just have to find a way to get to know Slade's plan and then, victory is ours."

 "That's a good plan but how will we know Slade's plan? You do know that that guy is just impossible." 

"I know, and for that, we have to wait for them to strike again and guess we will fight them. But, we have to do it in such a way that they don't realize our plan. We have to stay undercover." 

"Like a spy!" Gar exclaimed like a small kid. Raven laughed. "Yes, like a spy."

"I can't wait for all of this to end. I just can't bear to see Ari in such condition." Gar said with a sigh. 

Raven ran her hand through his hair to calm him down. 

"I know Gar, me either. But, it's only for now. Then everything will be fine." 

"Yeah, everything will be fine. Let it begin!"

THERE IS YET ANOTHER UPDATE FOR ARINE DIARY. HOPE YOU LIKE IT. PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT. PEACE AND LOVE 

-peehoo.