THE TRUTH

Ian's POV 

"I was just an ordinary kid living a good life with my parents and siblings. I was only eight at that time when my family was attacked. It's all hazy memory, but all I remember was my mother telling me to run as far as I can and hide somewhere. My Dad and brothers were no where to be found. I just followed her command and ran away from my home. That night, I heard people talking how my house was burned down and no-one there survived. I was devastated. If only I stayed...
I was just left alone. I knew who killed my family, but I didn't knew who to tell. That was when I met one of the angels. When she told me who she was, at first I thought it was all some silly joke. But she was serious. She was a messenger from God. As fictional as it sounds, I was being trained my one of the most talented demon hunters. I was on a mission. A mission to destroy Trigon and avenge my family. One day I overheard Gods talking about this one girl. Trigon's granddaughter,"

"Do you think it was wise to give such powers to a demon swam?" I heard my trainer say. What are they talking about?

"I agree. We all know who her grandfather is. What if he is successful in manipulating her? Whole Earth would be in danger." It was one of the angels. 

"She is really naïve and innocent for such task God. She can't handle it." It was someone I don't know. 

I had no idea what they were talking about. A girl? 

"Enough everyone," Finally God said. "I know what I am doing, I know what will be the consequences of my action. But Arine is no normal girl. She is a weather maiden. An angel who is pure from heart. The reason I gave her this work was because I knew she wasn't corrupt. Her mother will try everything to keep her away from Trigon's influence. She is more than capable for such task." 

"They were talking about you. That day I got to know that you were one of the most dangerous demon's granddaughter. After being trained for 4 years, I was sent on the Earth as a guardian angel. Your guardian angel. I was given a different name, Taiyo, as you know that. I have been watching over you for years Arine. Even before you actually knew me. And after your mother's death, it was my duty to keep you safe from Trigon. You don't know but there were many incidents where I fought Trigon so that he can't reach you. And once you found your father and real family I thought my work was done. But then I heard about Trigon's last strike. A plan not even Titans could fight. So, I needed to come back. That was when you saw me at your school. And then, here we are..."

Arine's POV

It was honestly so much to take in in one day. When I first got to know that I had powers, I thought that I have been living in a lie. Then I got to know about my mother's family and then this! 

It feels as if my birth was actually planned. That whatever I was told my whole life was just a lie. I was living a lie! 

I sighed and dropped down on the grass, my feet were dangling on the cliff. The sky wasn't bright like it was few hours ago. It was all gloomy and sad. Just like how I was feeling. I stared at no-where and sat there in silence. After what Ian told me, my mind has been a mess. 

I don't want any of this to happen. I just wanna go home, with my Dad, Mom and Titans. I wanna go back to my school and meet my friends. 

Unconsciously my eyes started to water, and I let them. I let the tears flow, I let the sob release. I just wasn't ready for all of this. Maybe, what those people said was right. I am not right for this job. I am weak and pathetic. I will be too easy for Trigon to finish.   

God believed I was like my mother. A strong and brave woman. I was just a disappointment in front of my mother. Nothing compared to her. 

"Hey." A soft voice brought me out of my pity party. I rolled my eyes and saw Taiyo, or should I say, Ian. 

"Hey," My voice came out more broke than I intended. Ian looked at me with sorrowful eyes. He sat next to me and I just lied there. None of us spoke and we just sat there in comfortable silence. After awhile, Ian spoke.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. I let out a bitter laugh and he winced. I continued laughing as my vision became blurry with tears again.

"Funny, right? I have absolutely no idea why I am crying. Maybe because I am just weak. Or because I can't take it anymore. I don't know!" I said, my voice cracked and released another sob. Ian shifted closer towards me. I sat up, not caring that my hair were a bird nest. 

He suddenly brought me in a tight hug and my cries came out muffled. I continued crying, until I was sure no more tears are left. Ian stroked my hair tenderly and spoke, "You are not weak Ari. You're anything but weak. And I know all of this might be overwhelming. All this drama. I know you can't take it. But trust me when I say that billions of lives depend on you. Arine, God chose you for a reason. He believes in you, your parents believe in you, Titans believe in you, I believe in you. And I know for a fact that you will destroy that demon. You will show world again that heroes always win."

As he finished, I was in tears again. I- I never thought of this. Maybe, God does believe me. All do. It's my job to make people believe that truth and justice always win. 

"Thanks Ian. I needed it." I said as I wiped my tears and smiled a little. He smiled and stood up, stretching his hand for me to take. I placed my hand in his and stood next to him. 

Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to defeat Trigon and save the Earth. Yeah, maybe... I will.

Word Count: 1091