Chapter 110: Turning Point

Continued from the last chapter

Nikki's POV

I drove down the highway facing towards the sunset. The dry dust was blowing on the side like we were in the hot desert. I glanced to the side staring at Iman while her long black hair blew in every direction across her face. She leaned closer to the door as she watched the cars pass us by. I smiled slightly as she glanced over at me. She raised a brow telling me that my eyes should stay on the road. I chuckled lightly shaking my head and facing the road again.

I shuttered slightly as I felt the tips of her fingers caress my cheek and move down to my chin. I so badly wanted to tuck my head down and kiss her fingertips to the palm of her hand. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to show her any sort of affection. I didn't even know what we were doing. I wasn't planning on going somewhere special. I just wanted to go for a drive. I needed to clear my head. But now she's with me. Smiling, licking her lips, and flipping her hair back as her brown skin glistened from the sunlight.

Every time I look at her, I can see what my future could look like. I never cared about receiving love and giving love until I met her. She made me feel special. She saw the real me and told me I could be more than just Nikki Sixx, the bassist sleazy junkie of Motley Crue. She made me want to get clean and stay clean. But most importantly, she made me want to settle down. She made me want to have children and start a family with her. I would have never thought about any of these things in the past. Because of her, I want that big house, not a white picket fence because that isn't me. But a place and a family I can come home to and be welcomed with open arms by my wife and children.

How could two people who love each other just have so many problems? It's like we were constantly arguing. Maybe Iman was right to end our relationship. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that she chose Kelly over me. And doesn't excuse the way she spoke to me in New York. After a couple more hours of driving, I finally decided on a suitable place for us to talk.

I turned up into the dirt road and drove up towards the Hollywood sign. This place has meaning for both of us. I pulled up to the small parking lot that overlooked the Hollywood sign. I turned the radio off and then shut off the car. We sat there a little in silence.

"The Hollywood sign." She spoke softly.

I didn't respond. I climbed out of the car then shut the door and sat on top of my car.

"You coming?" I turned to look at her.

She climbed out of the car and did the same thing as me.

"This place never gets old." I smile looking up at the big city in front of me.

"I remember the first time you brought me here. I thought it was beautiful... it still is." She smiles.

"I was a nervous wreck."

She chuckled lightly. "What did you have to be nervous about?"

I snicker and chuck my shoulders upward. "There was a lot to be nervous about. That was what... 1985?"