Chapter 15

The sun was setting. Hues of pink and purple stretched across the sky, a crisp wind nipped at Harry's exposed skin as he ambled through the gates.

He had left Zayn's alone, opting to walk as he assured Zayn that he was fine and that he just wanted to get some fresh air.

However, as he'd began to walk back the sadness had hit him all at once. A tidal wave of emotion. The walls had collapsed under the pressure and the water had flooded out, large tears rolling down his face.

"Hey, what's up?" Louis was suddenly jogging to catch up with him. Harry had no idea where he'd come from, but he was glad to see Louis.

Harry didn't intend on going back to the castle just yet. He didn't want to go back to his room to be so lonely yet again. He knew Gemma had gone out after dinner, so he didn't expect her to have returned just yet, and he knew Jack wasn't the best person for comfort sometimes. And of course his father was off the table completely.

"How much longer are you working?" Harry sniffed.

"Couple more hours probably." Louis shrugged. "Would you like to come to sit with me?"

Harry nodded, "yes please." He whimpered.

"Come on then." Louis held out his hand. Harry grasped onto it, letting Louis lead him. "You wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"I miss my mum. I really miss her." He choked out.

"Oh, babes. Of course you do." Louis sighed, "do you want a cuddle?"

"Please." He gulped, looking to Louis's eyes.

Louis wrapped his arm around Harry, tugging him close. They continued to walk with Harry tucked into Louis's side, as soon as they arrived at the stables Louis stood directly in front of Harry and hugged him tightly.

Harry pressed his face against Louis's shoulder, sobbing silently. Louis rubbed Harry's back up and down, telling him that everything would be alright.

It took a while but Harry eventually calmed down a little and Louis pulled back. "I'm going to make us both a cup of tea, and I'm going to fetch a couple of blankets. Then we'll cuddle okay?"

Harry sniffed, wiping his nose with the back of his hand as he nodded.

"Okay, climb up on one of them hay bails then. I'll be with you in a second." Louis said softly.

Harry did so, pressing his back against the wall and drawing his knees to his chest.

A few minutes later Louis walked in slowly, humming to himself as he kept his eyes on the two cups in his hands- careful not to spill any of the tea.

He handed one to Harry, placing his own on the table. "Careful, it's hot."

"Thank you." Harry murmured, lifting his arms up as Louis draped a blanket over his legs before climbing up next to him and tucking his legs under. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

Harry shrugged.

"Don't be sorry."

"May I cuddle up to you?" Harry looked to Louis.

Louis lifted an arm, a silent invitation for Harry to curl up next to him. Harry buried himself into Louis's side, closing his eyes.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow then?" Louis asked Harry, wanting to distract him.

"I'll probably do some baking for the Jubilee." He said. "What about you?"

"Just the usual work. Look after the horses. I'll probably help out with the gardening and stuff in preparation for the Jubilee. We can't have the people of the kingdom wandering around the gardens when they're not perfect, can we?"

"I think they're always beautiful. Even if they're not completely tidy."

"I agree." Louis smiled, rubbing Harry's arm up and down. "But your father may not."

"Yeah. Probably not. You're cosy."

"I'm glad. Are you beginning to feel a little better?"

Harry shrugged, "cuddles are helping."

"Yeah?" Louis smiled, squeezing Harry.

"Yeah." Harry returned with a small smile. "Thank you. Although, I think I ought to be getting back." He sighed.

"Are you okay to go back by yourself?"

"I'll be okay. I'll just cuddle Buttons and sleep."

"Who's Buttons?"

"Cuddly bunny." Harry replied. "She's pink and good for cuddling."

"That's cute." Louis ruffled Harry's hair. "Are you sure you're alright to go back?"

"Yeah. I should be. Thank you for being here."

"Of course. I'll be here if you need me."

"Thank you." Harry turned to hug him.

//

"Jack?" Harry stood at the door, crossing one foot behind the other and clasping his hands behind his back. Gemma was stood next to him, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yes?" He span around. "Hello Harry, hello Gemma."

"Alright?" Gemma tilted her imaginary hat with a grin.

"Is there anything you need help with?"

"We just wondered if you were busy?" Harry asked.

"I'm not. I've finished both hats for Louis."

"In that case, would you like to help me and Gemma do some baking? It would be fun, and like old times."

"I'd love to!" Jack's face lit up, a toothy grin on his face.

"Come on then old chap, let's go." Gemma nodded in the general direction of the kitchen.

"I am not old." He grumbled, but followed after them with a smile.

"You so are."

"In that case, so are you. You're one year younger."

"Fuck off." She glared playfully, "you're old because you're my older brother. I can't be old because I'm your younger sister."

"You're my older sister." Harry pitched in, "by 3 years. That makes you old."

"You can fuck off as well." Gemma turned to him, flipping him off and fighting off a smile.

"Your Highness, your shouldn't use such words." Gemma's maid, Adilla, scolded with a fond smile as she walked past.

"Oh Dilly, don't worry about me. I'm 21 now, and apparently I'm old." She giggled.

"If you're old at 21 then I'm ancient." Adilla replied with a chuckle. "Go on you three, Lavinia is coming along to clean the floors. Get out of her way."

"Yes of course, sorry." Harry apologised.

She smiled kindly, waving them off. "Have fun."

"Thank you!" Gemma called over her shoulder as the trio scurried off down the halls.

do any of you have a Goodreads account?