Chapter 32

comment comment comment!

The birds had only just begun to sing, and the sun had only just started to rise.

Harry was curled amongst the haybales in the stable, staring blankly into space. He had left his room pretty much as soon as the clock hit 3am. He hadn't slept that night, probably having slept too much the previous day, and so after a walk around the gardens he decided to come down to the stables.

A flick of the switch could be heard, and then the lights turned on, Harry squinting.

"Fucking Christ! Shit! Liam, there's someone here!"

"It's just me." Harry croaked, throat dry after not being used for a while.

"Nevermind Liam!"

"Are you high Louis?" Liam called out.

"No!" Louis called back, before advancing towards Harry. "Harry, darling. What are you doing down here so early?"

"Couldn't sleep. Went for a wander."

Louis climbed up next to Harry, sitting next to him and wrapping an arm around him.

"It will be alright, you know?" Louis said softly, pressing a soft kiss to the top of Harry's head.

"Yeah...can I stay down here for a while?"

"Of course you can. This is literally your property. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Just need cuddles."

"I can provide plenty of them."

"I don't want to feel like this."

"I know you don't. I know."

"I want to leave. I know I'm meant to be getting married, and Edith said she'd help me get through this and stay with you, and I can't leave Gemma and Jack. But Louis, I want to leave. I need to leave."

"Are you serious about this? Would you seriously want to leave?"

"Not forever. I just need a break. I'm sure my father won't care if I leave, in fact he'll be happy that I'm not in his way, and I won't have to feel like this all the time."

"I'll be back in a minute. Stay here."

//

"What's this meeting all about then?" Gemma and Jack were sat opposite Harry and Louis in the stable.

"What would you say if Harry and I took a little break away?"

"Where would you go?"

"Zayn has a cabin up north." Harry said quietly. "I could go there?"

"Go." Gemma said, and Jack nodded in agreement. "Go Harry. You can't stay here."

"I agree." Jack nodded.

"How long would you go for?"

"I don't know." Harry shrugged. "I don't know anything yet, I just can't stay here I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." He drew his lip between his teeth, his eyes filling with tears.

"Hey, don't cry Harry." Gemma reached across, rubbing his arm soothingly. "Go to Zayn's cabin and try to relax. We'll do our best to make sure father leaves you alone and gets taken down."

Harry nodded, feeling Louis squeeze his hand. "Shall I pack now?"

"I believe you should. Father is busy entertaining his friends at the minute. We'll help."

//

"I bid you farewell for now Harry. Stay safe." Charles stood at the gate, bowing slightly.

"I'm going to miss you Charles. Thank you for looking after me. Hopefully I won't be away for too long. You better get back to the house before people realise you're missing." Harry rocked from the heels of his feet to his tiptoes.

"Of course Harry. I'll see you soon."

Charles was about to turn and walk away when Harry lunged forwards, wrapping his arms around Charles and almost knocking him off of his feet. "Thank you." Harry repeated. Charles hugged back.

As Charles left, Gemma stepped forward. "Be careful Harry. Be careful and stay safe. I love you so much." She embraced him.

"I love you." Harry replied, cheeks squashed as she squeezed him tightly.

"Good luck Harry. I'll see you soon." Jack stood back, ringing out his hands.

Harry stood back from Gemma, tilting an imaginary hat towards Jack. "I love you Jack."

Jack grinned, tilting his hat back. "Love you too."

Harry made his way out, sending his siblings one last wave before he disappeared down the lane.

"Harold!"

"Jesus Lou!" Harry's hand flew to his chest as Louis jumped out of the bushes. "You can't just hide in bushes and jump out at people! I thought we were meeting at yours?"

"I thought I'd meet you to make sure you were safe."

"Oh." Harry smiled gently, "thank you."

"The horses are at Niall's. I took them over earlier."

Harry looked to Louis. "I'm terrified Louis. I'm happy to get away, but I'm terrified."

"It's going to be okay. We both will be alright. Just focus on resting yourself."

help year 7s keep calling me fit 😭😭 I'm year 12 why can't someone my own age say that