Chapter 13

Harry sat on the hay bales with Louis's jacket wrapped around his shoulders. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"You can just sit there and look pretty." Louis replied, looking over his shoulder.

"But I'd like to help." Harry protested. "I can do anything you'd like."

"Would you like to brush through his mane then?"

"Okay." Harry nodded, "you know you may go home if you'd like."

"It's fine. It's not that late. I'll go home once Perseus is ready for bed and you've measured my head."

Harry took the brush, standing on the other side of the horse. "What's your favourite colour?"

"I know it's boring but probably blue. What's yours?"

"I like pink and lavender." Harry admitted, "they're really beautiful."

"Yeah, you strike me as a pink and lavender loving person. What about you Perseus?"

Perseus stomped his foot impatiently.

"Cool, me too." Louis nodded, making Harry let out a small laugh, followed by a yawn. "Are you sure you don't have a bedtime?"

"Well, not one I have to stick to. I just sleep when I feel like I should."

"I think you should go to sleep in a minute."

"I will, once we're done."

"Well, I think we're done with this twat so I'll put him away a minute."

"Stop being mean to him. Don't listen to him Percy. You're a lovely horse."

"I'm sorry Percy." Louis rolled his eyes, "right, wait here. I'll be back within a minute."

Harry did so, sitting back on the hay bale and pulling on Louis's jacket. He fiddled with the sleeves of the jacket before tugging them down over his hands.

He curled up on his side, closing his eyes and bringing the edge of the jacket up to his chin.

"Oi, I don't expect you want to fall asleep down here." Louis spoke as he walked back in. "Come on, go back to the castle."

"Come here first." Harry yawned, sitting up slowly. Louis stood in front of him.

"Go on then." Louis crouched down so Harry could wrap the measuring tape around his head. "Do you carry a tape measure around everywhere?"

"No."

"Right." Louis raised his eyebrows.

"All done. May I borrow a pen and a piece of paper?"

"Go ahead."

Harry scribbled down the measurements before shrugging off Louis's jacket and handing it back to him. "Thank you, I'll see you soon. Are you okay getting home?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I can have someone walk you back or-"

"Don't worry," Louis chuckled, "you can call me if you want to make sure I've got back alright but I think you should just go to sleep."

"I'll get ready for bed then I'll call."

"Alright. See you." Louis nodded as Harry gave a small wave and began to walk.

//

"Jack, I have your measurements for you." Harry entered the room.

"Thank you ever so much Harry." Jack grinned, taking the sheet of paper. "I'm thinking a cream hat with light blue ribbon? Or perhaps a red velvet one?"