Chapter 25

sorry I've taken a while to update babesss, sixth form is v busy and I've not had much time to write
please comment & enjoy xx

Harry jumped up as he heard a rapping on the window. He placed his book face down on the bed as he made his way over, opening the window up.

Louis climbed in, dropping to the floor quietly. "Alright?" He grinned.

"Hello." Harry smiled back. "I'm ever so sorry that you had to climb up the drainpipe."

"It's alright, I've had some practice."

"How come?"

"Sneaking in and out of mine and others houses when I was younger." Louis laughed. "May I sit?"

"Of course. Sit wherever you please."

Louis sat on the edge of the bed, Harry resuming his previous position. "How did your little date go?"

"They were lovely people and all, but it was awful. Their conversation topics consisted of babies and...well, you know, the process."

"Sex. It's not a forbidden word Harry." 

"Yeah, um," he cleared his throat, "sex."

"I wish I'd have been there to witness those conversations." Louis looked amused, "would've been funny."

"It certainly wasn't."

"So, no potential wives for you yet." Louis shrugged, adding a quiet "or ever" and masking it behind a cough.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry furrowed his brow.

Louis drew his knee up to his chest, raising his eyebrows. "You may be more suited to a husband."

"For heaven's sake." Harry muttered. "I'd rather not discuss this with you."

"Harry, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, nor pressured. I just feel maybe you should talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm not gay."

"In that case, nor am I."

"Louis." Harry shifted uncomfortably.

Louis turned his whole body to face Harry. "Right, I'm just gonna say this. I can tell you're questioning yourself, alright? I've been through it too. I know it's confusing, and I know you may want to just pretend you're not questioning yourself to make everything easier. But it's not going to be easier for you. Don't force yourself to be someone you're not."

Harry didn't answer, instead pulling a blanket over himself and avoiding eye contact.

"You don't need to put a label on anything. You just need to make sure you're allowing yourself to be yourself."

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Harry murmured.

"Yes please love."

"Okay, I'll ask Charles to fetch us some." He stood up, opening the door and slipping out.

Louis heard two quiet voices outside before Harry returned. "He'll bring us tea and biscuits in a minute."

Louis nodded in response. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"If you wish."

"Where do you want me to sleep?"

Harry shrugged.

"H, are you going to be blunt with me for the rest of the night? I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable, I just wanted to tell you what I wish somebody had said to me."

A sigh was let out, and Harry shrugged again. "I appreciate it, I just don't want to think about it. I'm going to marry a woman, and that's that."

"Okay love, okay. I'm sorry." Louis spoke sympathetically.

"It's alright." Harry offered him a small smile and a shrug. "I just really would rather nothing about my sexuality was mentioned."

Louis mimed zipping his lips, Harry's smile getting a teeny bit bigger as he thanked him.

"Can I use your guitar?" Louis looked around.

"Yes you may." Harry grabbed it from the corner, placing it on Louis's lap.

"This is gorgeous." Louis ran his hand over it. The guitar was a light pink with small flowers swirling across it.

"I painted it myself." Harry said shyly, "well Jack and Gemma helped."

"It's lovely." Louis crossed his legs, his fingers beginning to dance across the strings.

Harry sat back, eyes trained on Louis as the unfamiliar tune rang out. Louis soon started to mumble the words.

"What song is that?" Harry couldn't help but ask.

"Only the Brave." Louis replied.

"I've never heard it before. It's beautiful."

"It's one of my own." Louis offered as an explanation. "Wrote it a couple of years ago."

"Do you write many songs? You're incredibly talented." Harry clasped his hands together, looking at Louis in adoration.

"Thank you," Louis smiled, "and yeah I do. I write and sing a lot."

"Can you sing me another?" Harry lay down on his side, resting his head on his hands and looking up at Louis.

"Any requests?"

"Just another of yours."

"Okay. This one is called 'Change'."

Harry looked into Louis's eyes, listening closely as Louis began to sing. His eyes fluttered shut, Louis's voice carrying him away.

When the singing came to a stop, Harry opened his eyes again. "Louis, you have a voice for the stage. You could perform, you know?"

"I doubt that." Louis chuckled. "I wouldn't have the stage presence for it. Nor am I exactly who they want up on the stage- a gay, not so quiet man."

"It's ridiculous." Harry sighed, "positively ridiculous."

"Yes, quite." Louis nodded, "but it's alright, I like to have my life to myself without being constantly watched."

"I wish I could live like that."

"You can. You just have to get better at sneaking around, that's all."

"You're an awful influence."

"No I'm not. I'm just helping you to live." Louis placed the guitar down, lying down next to Harry. "

"There's a ball next weekend. I'd like you to attend."

"I'm not being funny, but no way."

"What?" Harry looked to him in hurt.

"H, it's not you. I'm just not attending a ball full of snobs. Can you imagine how out of place I'd be?"

"But Niall and Zayn will be there. Liam can come too if it would make you feel more comfortable. Plus, it's not as though you'd look out of place. In the right clothes, you look like a prince."

"That's very kind of you. Maybe l consider it."

"It's the truth." Harry shuffled closer to Louis, resting his head against his shoulder.

"If you come next weekend, it'll be worth it. There will be music and laughter, of course I'll have to give a toast, but it'll all be wonderful."

"I'll have to borrow a suit."

"You may."

"I'll think about it in that case."

"Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you." Harry grinned.

"Don't get your hopes up. I just said I'll think about it."

"That's better than a no."