15

Yuwen Xing was thrilled to have someone to pamper, especially when that someone was this delightful bundle of joy. Xianxian at ten years old was a very beautiful child. She could speak many languages fluently, she was very well-mannered for her age, and she was… well, definitely not a pushover. She knew exactly what she wanted and whatnot. She quickly declined a too frilly or feminine dress, but she liked the good cuts and classic ones. She liked basics, good quality stuff. It was so different from shopping with her boys. Yuwen Xing bought a lot of stuff for her although she knew it would be useless by tomorrow, she just loved the feeling of pampering someone dear to her. Strangely, the girl did not seem to mind that they were buying girl's clothes, she seemed rather excited by it.

" Grandmaman , can we eat after this? I'm hungry." She was wearing a white dress with sky blue sash and peacoat, the official Lan's family color. The overall look was completed with white stockings and blue mary-jane shoes. With her dark hair and galaxy eyes, she looked like a royal princess on an outing with her grandmother and hordes of bodyguards. They went into a different store than yesterday, since it was odd if they saw the girl grow up that fast, and in this place it was also the same. The sales assistants sneakily took pictures of Xianxian, and they were thrilled by her choice, and the sheer amount of it. 

"Sure, sweetheart, now we're going to have high-tea at the hotel and I want everyone to see ma belle petite-fille. " Yuwen Xing kissed Xianxian and after telling the bodyguards to send their stuff to the house, she took her to Cloud Recess Hotel and called her sons to join them. Too bad Hua Cheng wasn't available.

They were both already seated and ordered high tea for four people, when Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen came. Both of them were exhausted from cleaning up all the mess about Meng Yao, but when Yuwen Xing called to ask them to have high tea together, they complied like good sons they are and they left everything to Liu Qingge, and Nie Huaisang, with a very strict instruction that nothing should left the room. Nie Huaisang, already trembling from his fear of the strange man, swore on his life to not talk about whatever it was. Ever since he found out that his so-called friend was the one who caused the downfall of Second Young Master's girlfriend, he was already living in fear that somehow Lan Wangji would blame him too. Thankfully it was only on his mind. But still, he was very afraid, so he would do anything to appease his bosses, including swore an oath of celibate if needed. Or, working with the strange, scary man, who said no more than two words to him ever since he entered the room. But the bosses seemed to trust him, and he worked super fast , like ten times faster than him, and he often mumbled some foreign words that sounded like cursings, but Nie Huaisang did not dare talk. So he just kept quiet and did whatever it was that the man told him to, like a good boy.

When Xianxian saw Lan Wangji enter the dining room, she brightened up and jumped off her chair to hug him, the first childish behaviour that Yuwen Xing saw for the whole day, especially after she found out about Jin Zixuan. She was in awe when she heard about what happened to the Jin's official heir. Even Lan Wangji was stupefied when he saw the mess of the man who used to be Jin Zixuan. They were running straight to the bathroom a second after they heard the scream in pain, but when they arrived, the damage had been done, and Xianxian nonchalantly asked for Lan Wangji to carry her for fear that the blood would stain her shoes. Lan Wangji was speechless but he took the girl in his embrace, and she buried her face in the nape of his neck, then fell asleep. And that was the picturesque scene that Yuwen Xing saw, if somehow rather grotesque. She just never met any child like this girl. She was so mature for her age, to the point of coldhearted. In a way, she was just like her second son. Maybe that was why they were soulmates.
Yuwen Xing had already made a preparation, if somehow Jin Guangshan dared to do anything to Xianxian or even Jiang Yanli, she would do everything to protect them, after all, Xianxian was just defending the poor Jiang Yanli, although it was to the extreme. But it was all for the sake of self defense. This girl had a very mysterious background that even if she asked Xie Lian, he would not tell them. So, Yuwen Xing wasn't prying anymore. She just enjoyed whatever time she had with her so-called granddaughter, until she grew up and married her son and gave her a real granddaughter this time. Or a grandson, didn't matter. So when her husband called her, she invited him to come to where they were. Might as well introduced him to his daughter-in-law, albeit not in her real form yet.

Qingheng Jun walked into the hotel's private dining room when suddenly he stopped. He saw his wife, and his two sons… and a little girl? He quickly searched his memory. Did he somehow forget that he had a girl, or a granddaughter? And Yuwen Xing caught on that quickly from the expression on his face. She came over and gave her husband a hug, and introduced him to the little girl, who was sitting in Lan Wangji's lap, munching cucumber sandwich.

"Honey, this is Xianxian, your granddaughter, and Xianxian, this is your grandpapa , Qingheng Jun. Will you give your grandpapa a kiss?" 

Wei Wuxian looked at Yuwen Xing, then to Qingheng Jun, and then she looked at Lan Wangji while tilting her head, as if asking if it's alright. That intimate gesture did not escape Qingheng Jun and Yuwen Xing's attention. Lan Wangji kissed her forehead and put her down from his lap.

"Go on, it's fine. He is my father, and although he looked like a serial killer, he was a good man." Lan Wangji chuckled, and Qingheng Jun protested.

"What did a serial killer look like exactly?" He offered his hand to the little girl. "Hi, just ignore him, I'm not a serial killer. Are you… Wangji's daughter?" He was wondering since she was very close to his second son, like close close. He knew that his son had a severe case of germophobia, so when he saw that this girl was easily climbing up to his lap and getting kissed instead of scolding, surely she was someone important to his son. But didn't Xing say that Wangji just got a girlfriend not too long ago, so how did he have a daughter this big? Did he calculate his son's age wrong? Did he forget that his son was married? Qingheng Jun was suddenly having an existential crisis, which made Yuwen Xing laugh.

"No, she's not, she's Wangji's future wife." Yuwen Xing was having a time of her life teasing her husband, who looked like a lost puppy now.

"A what now?" 

Both of his sons snickered but hid it with their coughs.

"Long story, I'll tell you later. Come on, let's eat, I'm starving."