25

They went into the hospital and met with the female doctor who treated the girl. As Wei Wuxian observed, she was raped repeatedly, and she suffered damage inside since she was in the early stage of pregnancy, yet she was still penetrated by a variety of things which hurt her uterus and in turn she had to undergo emergency hysterectomy to save her life.

"Was the pregnancy the result of the rape?" Wei Wuxian asked Dr. Gu, the female doctor who took care of the girl. He was trying to get his emotion under control from hearing the misfortune that the girl experienced. Thankfully they found her parents, who reported her missing almost a month ago from her school prom. She was still sixteen years old.

"The embryo's around three to four weeks old, and she was reported missing about a month ago, so the timeline matched." Dr. Gu had seen cases like this, and it always broke her heart, seeing the girl's future ended just like that.

"Were there any more cases like this? Rape, underage girls, kidnapping?"

"I have to check with the records, but you do know that I can't give you any more information without a warrant, right?" 

"Yes, I know. We will come back with a warrant, Dr. Gu, meanwhile, do you mind if you check for the records?"

"I will do that." Dr. Gu hated the way the bureaucracy worked, but she could do nothing about it. So, she just hoped that this young woman with the eyes like a blazing sun, would do something about it, she would definitely help as much as she could. "I'm just speaking to myself now, but someone should probably check on the Han's family girl, who had been missing for a month before she was found a month ago in critical condition. Now she was admitted to the Lan's Psych Hospital, which was just on the other side of this hospital." Then she left without saying anything more.

Wei Wuxian was grateful for the help, and he planned to visit the Han's girl later, but first, he had to see about the girl from last night. He then peeked into the girl's room, which was the one that Dr. Gu left just now. The girl's name was Yuanyuan, and she was just celebrating her sixteenth birthday by the time she attended the prom. She was a sweet and naive girl, with not many friends, who went to a prom with a few of her close girlfriends and a boy that she liked. Her parents were already inside and they were weeping the tears of joy, because their daughter was back, alive. Nothing else mattered. They would do anything to make sure that their daughter would be safe and happy from now on.

"Did the police find the boy she went out to prom with?" Wei Wuxian asked Lan Wangji who stood behind him and hugged him tight. He knew that Wei Wuxian was having mixed feelings right now, and he would do anything to comfort him.

"Let's find out."

They entered the precinct at five minutes to eleven, and went straight to Detective Jiang's office. It was not a homicide case, yet, but Detective Jiang was doing them a favor, especially since this was a serial rapist case that caused an uproar because a few weeks ago, a girl of a quite prominent family was found dead. When they autopsied her, it was found out that she was raped and pregnant. Her parents were devastated and buried her rather quickly.

"Detective Jiang, thank you for your time." Lan Wangji shook his hand. "This is Wei Ying, my fiance, and she was the one who found the girl last night." He introduced Wei Wuxian to Detective Jiang, who was baffled by the speed Lan Wangji moved on from Mo Xuanyu. Well, that was fast… but something in the girl's eyes made him think that this one, too, was not any ordinary girl. And she's kinda reminded him of Miss Mo.

"Not at all, Young Master Lan, the Major Crimes has their hands full, so this is a favor for them." Jiang Cheng showed them the chairs. "Please, have a seat."